Author Topic:  Free & Taken Canon Characters  (Read 74968 times)

• Online Dylan
  • Re: Free & Taken Canon Characters
    « Reply #75 on: September 16, 2017, 10:06:07 PM »
    i'd like to apply for miss penelope clearwater. <333

@Jenny   approved! please make a sheet!~

• Online Dylan
    « Reply #76 on: September 16, 2017, 10:22:29 PM »
    Hello everyone! I would like to apply for the lovely Molly Weasley. I spoke to all of the drivers of the currently active and in progress Weasley clan and have gotten okay's from a lot of them. I'm aware of the commitments, and I plan on being active and writing. Been a crazy road for me RL with school barging in and causing a mess, but I feel like I'm ready to take on a canon (beyond Stewart). Things are slowing down for me. I'm aware I got lots of WIPs, but I'll have plenty of (forced) sitdown time once I have foot surgery to make a large headway on everything. <333

Without further ado, here's a sample! In brief I plan to play Molly as a chipper lady full of compassion, who hasn't quite adjusted to the fact her children are growing up. She still sees them as little kids in her heart, including Harry and Hermione. ^^ To her, watching Ginny graduate Hogwarts has made her have a lot of feelings, both positive and negative. She's proud of her children living their lives, but at the same time clings to the idea that they'll never fully leave.

Molly double checked her home charm work, worried that things weren't going as planned. The knives were cutting the vegetables, the stove was prepping itself for soup, the rugs were beating themselves in the front lawn, her mother's china floated through the room setting itself neatly on the table, and the broom was sweeping the little front foyer that no longer held so many shoes. The woman was relieved that nothing was out of line as she was prepping for her little family get-together. Now that each of her baby birds had flown the nest, she felt saddened every August of what life there used to be with school related chaos. She missed it so much she wanted to start a new tradition of sorts, a family dinner - like it used to be - when everyone was home, the day before school would technically start. She wanted to hold onto at least that.

She prepped each empty bedroom for potential stays, reminiscing in every space. Her loving William was all grown up, married, living with Fluer. She recalled the wedding, and how beautiful everything was, and how distraught she was after the death eaters crashed and burned practically everything. She kept the quilts he didn't take with him that she made on his bed, folded neatly. Charlie, her wonderful Charlie, he was doing important work with dragons that made her fear for his life but also she was proud of him for all that he was doing for the reserve. She smiled seeing his dragon figures still on the shelf above his bed, she wouldn't dare remove them.

Percival's room was dim, and cold. He hadn't been around too often for her to lovingly keep his room alive. She kept the spiders at bay and made sure no boggarts or banshees made home in his closet that had a few childhood trinkets. But each gift she had given him that he returned, she placed on his bed, so that someday when he'd come home to her he'd be greeted by all the handmade love over the years. She sent him an invite, though expected he wouldn't make an appearance. He was so distant since he joined the Ministry. Nonetheless she was proud of her little Percy making big strides. He always was ambitious. She even recalled when he was little he wanted to be Minister of Magic. Molly smiled sweetly to herself before shuffling over to the next room.

She hesitated at the door before opening it. Fred and George. A part of her still felt pain when she looked at Fred's bed and all of his things she couldn't touch without crying. She missed him. George was working at his business, being successful just like all of his siblings, in his own unique way. While she didn't like he dropped out of school, because education was very important, she was proud of him and his strength. She stopped at Ron's room for a brief moment, relaying the quilt out on his bed. She was proud of her youngest boy too. He helped Harry Potter save wizard-kind from Voldemort. Of course she was proud of her little Ronniekins.

Then there was Ginevra, her little baby daughter. Her room was still filled with her things, full of her smells, and still had an element of presence despite her moving away recently. She was still moving things and organizing. A part of Molly broke when her Ginny discussed leaving. She was the last child, and it was difficult to let her go. Ginny wanted to go onto Quidditch, and living on her own was her best bet for success. Molly didn't want to stand in her daughter's way, but it still saddened her.

Molly made the trek back down the staircase slowly, taking in the lack of voices. She didn't like the silence because it was too quiet. Even though she could hear her homemade chicken noodle soup prepping and the rugs out front, it lacked life. She missed the noise, the jokes, the shouting. Sure, her children came and went from the home, as she told each of them they were always welcomed, but it wasn't the same as when they all lived at home. If she could measure her own success it would be how her family was doing. She was happy to have raised such wonderful and loving children who were adventuring out in the world, making their own success. So while having an empty home felt wrong, it also was right.

She briefly looked at the family clock, seeing each spoon in multiple different directions. She made a mental note to herself that she had to fix it, or ask Arthur to modify it to fit extra notes around the face to include all of the changes that have happened. Molly gave the family owl two more letters, one for Harry Potter, and the other for Hermione Granger. Inviting them too to the family dinner. She wanted to see how they were doing. She missed seeing Harry around the Burrow, and Hermione was brightfully intelligent and sweet in her manners. She enjoyed having them in her home.

"Artie love," she called from the window, "dinner is at five. So don't be too long playing with that muggle contraption! Ohhh, please, wash up before guests arrive, Harry may be coming!" The witch shook her head a little, but smiled. She was so grateful and so happy to have a family like hers. With a few modifications, she wouldn't have it any other way.

@Heather  pending~ please check your PMs

• Online Lowri
    « Reply #77 on: November 16, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »
    can I please relinquish my claim on @Fleur Weasley
    if you could also delete her account that would be fab

thanks and sorry~

• Offline Gage
    « Reply #78 on: November 18, 2017, 03:16:26 AM »
    Ditto for @William Weasley

• Offline Chaw
    « Reply #79 on: December 19, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »
    I would like to apply for Lesleigh Ollivander. I have been talking with Taed about the adoption and working out the details. I just recently started playing her mother, (which I stated before I realized I should have applied for her here. Sorry)
    I became interested in the Ollivanders when I saw the Ollivander family adoption post. I was looking for some adult characters to play. Although originally I was interested in the well established, socialite, Korrine Ollivander that changed when I read about Ollivander's daughter; her spunky personality, her condition, and Tead's wish to play out the interaction of the characters before Lesleigh's death (alluded to in the canon.)  I really wanted to help make it happen!

Although Lesleigh does have an un-diagnosed medical condition, it's symptoms have been regularly treated the healers. Even with this condition she is a loud and high spirited young witch who like most wizards her age is still trying to find her place in the wizarding world. So for the roleplay piece I've submitted an interaction between Lesleigh and Gerrick....
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Although it was late summer, at four in the morning Diagon Alley still held onto a chill. The streets were empty besides a lone Kneaszel-cat who hunted a mouse as it scurried along the gutters. The magical beast’s golden eyes shined in the lamplight as it followed its prey as it approached. Silently the muscles of the cat twitched in anticipation, before it shifted it weight ready to pounce.

A loud “CLACK” rang through the street and echoed off the buildings, announcing the sudden apparition of a young witch in the center of the street. After the moment of distraction, the kneazle caught a fleeting glimpse of its prey as it ran into a gutter spout and out of reach. The frustrated beast flicked it's tail as it turned to examine the witch dressed in a short skirt and a leather jacket. The beast gave a low growling-hiss as girl teetered on her heels while searching her bag.

The girl who goes by Lesleigh responded to the hiss by raising a finger to her lips and making a long drawn out “shusssssssh” at beast. This was quickly followed by a small, unintended burp smelling of beer, which she fanned away from her face before returning to her search. The beast blinked in disbelief at the rude witch, before slowly turning away, in hopes of more promising hunting grounds.

Frustrated, Lesleigh stopped for a second to massage her sore, cold, knuckles before she pulled her wand from a long jacket pocket and whispered “Lumos.” Her wand obeyed as the tip gave off warm glow of light, allowing her to find her keys in the depths of her bag. Momentarily forgetting the need to maintain silence, she hummed the last song played at the concert while she walked up to the Ollivanders store front . 

As she suspected, the half cylinder bay windows of Ollivander’s two story storefront was dark. Lesleigh knew her father and brother were never up THIS LATE working on their wands. At this time of night, it was the best way to sneak into her house without being noticed. Lesleigh walked up the stairs and put her house key into the lock of the door. The front door squeaked open and then the bell rung just above the door.  She cursed under her breath before silencing it with a wave of the wand, “Silencio.” She watched as the bell rocked back and forth silently above the door.

Lesleigh stood for a moment in the dark, listening to the Ollivander's house and letting her eyes adjust to the dark store. “Oh, good.” She whispered. Believing everyone in the house was still sound asleep, Lesleigh made her way up the rickety stair case that ran along the side of the front counter. Because she was concentrating on gingerly stepping on each squeaky step she failed to notice that a faint light was coming form the door at the top landing until she already had her hand on the handle. Pausing for a second terrified she was caught, before telling herself it was just the families house elf waiting up for her. Oli always kept her secret as long as her "Mistress" did not ask direct questions.

Lesleigh opened the door and the light of the a few candles met her eyes. Guilt flooded her face as she saw her father sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea and one of his lore book… waiting. She knew he will tell mum in the morning. She could hear her mothers words already in her head, Where have you been… I was worried sick…You have an interview with the ministry in the morning …what were you thinking? Suddenly Lesleighs own stubborn voice rang through. No, I have been an adult witch for almost two years... they have to start treating me like it!  

Defiantly she stepped into the kitchen and she looked at her fathers large silver round eyes. He did not appear to be angry, just tired. A new wave of guilt flooded her stomach. Although he looks recovered from his imprisonment, Lesleigh still knows her father still suffers  from quiet a few sleepless nights. Maybe I could convince him to not tell mum.. She said to her self, while she approached her father.
                “What are you doing up, Papa? Isn’t a bit late for you?”   
    « Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:59:50 AM by Chaw »

• Online Dylan
    « Reply #80 on: December 29, 2017, 05:18:55 PM »
    I would like to apply for Lesleigh Ollivander. I have been talking with Taed about the adoption and working out the details. I just recently started playing her mother, (which I stated before I realized I should have applied for her here. Sorry)
    I became interested in the Ollivanders when I saw the Ollivander family adoption post. I was looking for some adult characters to play. Although originally I was interested in the well established, socialite, Korrine Ollivander that changed when I read about Ollivander's daughter; her spunky personality, her condition, and Tead's wish to play out the interaction of the characters before Lesleigh's death (alluded to in the canon.)  I really wanted to help make it happen!

Although Lesleigh does have an un-diagnosed medical condition, it's symptoms have been regularly treated the healers. Even with this condition she is a loud and high spirited young witch who like most wizards her age is still trying to find her place in the wizarding world. So for the roleplay piece I've submitted an interaction between Lesleigh and Gerrick....
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Although it was late summer, at four in the morning Diagon Alley still held onto a chill. The streets were empty besides a lone Kneaszel-cat who hunted a mouse as it scurried along the gutters. The magical beast’s golden eyes shined in the lamplight as it followed its prey as it approached. Silently the muscles of the cat twitched in anticipation, before it shifted it weight ready to pounce.

A loud “CLACK” rang through the street and echoed off the buildings, announcing the sudden apparition of a young witch in the center of the street. After the moment of distraction, the kneazle caught a fleeting glimpse of its prey as it ran into a gutter spout and out of reach. The frustrated beast flicked it's tail as it turned to examine the witch dressed in a short skirt and a leather jacket. The beast gave a low growling-hiss as girl teetered on her heels while searching her bag.

The girl who goes by Lesleigh responded to the hiss by raising a finger to her lips and making a long drawn out “shusssssssh” at beast. This was quickly followed by a small, unintended burp smelling of beer, which she fanned away from her face before returning to her search. The beast blinked in disbelief at the rude witch, before slowly turning away, in hopes of more promising hunting grounds.

Frustrated, Lesleigh stopped for a second to massage her sore, cold, knuckles before she pulled her wand from a long jacket pocket and whispered “Lumos.” Her wand obeyed as the tip gave off warm glow of light, allowing her to find her keys in the depths of her bag. Momentarily forgetting the need to maintain silence, she hummed the last song played at the concert while she walked up to the Ollivanders store front . 

As she suspected, the half cylinder bay windows of Ollivander’s two story storefront was dark. Lesleigh knew her father and brother were never up THIS LATE working on their wands. At this time of night, it was the best way to sneak into her house without being noticed. Lesleigh walked up the stairs and put her house key into the lock of the door. The front door squeaked open and then the bell rung just above the door.  She cursed under her breath before silencing it with a wave of the wand, “Silencio.” She watched as the bell rocked back and forth silently above the door.

Lesleigh stood for a moment in the dark, listening to the Ollivander's house and letting her eyes adjust to the dark store. “Oh, good.” She whispered. Believing everyone in the house was still sound asleep, Lesleigh made her way up the rickety stair case that ran along the side of the front counter. Because she was concentrating on gingerly stepping on each squeaky step she failed to notice that a faint light was coming form the door at the top landing until she already had her hand on the handle. Pausing for a second terrified she was caught, before telling herself it was just the families house elf waiting up for her. Oli always kept her secret as long as her "Mistress" did not ask direct questions.

Lesleigh opened the door and the light of the a few candles met her eyes. Guilt flooded her face as she saw her father sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea and one of his lore book… waiting. She knew he will tell mum in the morning. She could hear her mothers words already in her head, Where have you been… I was worried sick…You have an interview with the ministry in the morning …what were you thinking? Suddenly Lesleighs own stubborn voice rang through. No, I have been an adult witch for almost two years... they have to start treating me like it!  

Defiantly she stepped into the kitchen and she looked at her fathers large silver round eyes. He did not appear to be angry, just tired. A new wave of guilt flooded her stomach. Although he looks recovered from his imprisonment, Lesleigh still knows her father still suffers  from quiet a few sleepless nights. Maybe I could convince him to not tell mum.. She said to her self, while she approached her father.
                “What are you doing up, Papa? Isn’t a bit late for you?”

approved! Sorry for the delay. @Chaw

Re: Free & Taken Canon Characters
    « Reply #81 on: January 11, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »
    So, I literally never thought I'd ever do this but here I am applying for Parvati Patil.

Parvati lay in her bed staring into the darkness. She had just woken up from a nightmare, a nightmare that was based on the memories that she could not get rid of. Sometimes she felt that they came back to her in her dreams as though to remind her of what had been and what was really important. She wanted to look ahead but she couldn't do so for long. Her best friend had died in the Battle of Hogwarts as had so many others she had known and loved. The girl sighed. The defeat of Voldemort and his Death Eaters had been worthwhile, of course, but the victory had been a bitter one as well. Although she did not want to admit this to herself she knew deep down that it could as well have been her or Padma who had died. They hadn't though. They were alive. However, not many days passed without Parvati coming across something she would have talked about with Lavender. Sometimes she wrote journal entries addressing her friend and telling her the latest gossip or anything really that she came across that would have been of interest for Lavender.

She rolled over to the left side and closed her eyes again. It was still dark outside and not yet time to get up. She could try and sleep a little before the day would start. However, Parvati wasn't sure she wanted to fall asleep again. There was the danger of her dreaming of that night again. She didn't want to look at Lavender's lifeless body anymore. She just couldn't bear the thought of it. The girl tried to think of something else. She had her sister, her parents and her friends, of course. She liked her job as it was fun and made her feel accomplished. Yet, at times like this none of that seemed to matter. All these nice aspects of her life seemed pale in comparison to the horrors she had witnessed. She opened her eyes and sat up in her bed. In the darkness she reached out for her wand and lit the candle on her bedside table. Only now the ghosts of the past seemed to fade. Only now the picture of her friend's dead body vanished.

She let herself fall back onto the pillow and sighed. Life was still good, life was still worthwhile. For some time she stared at the candle. The flame was moving softly and it calmed her enough to fall asleep again. When her alarm clock went off hours later the candle was greeting her with a friendly warm light. The girl pushed the duvet away and left the bed to get herself a cup of tea. It was her morning ritual to have tea and read the tea leaves afterwards in order to see what the day would bring. Divination had always been her favourite class and after her outstanding N.E.W.T. Parvati had decided that she'd include some Divination in her everyday life. She felt it gave her strength to face a new day when she had got a glimpse of the future beforehand.

Today the tea leaves looked like a sun and Parvati smiled to herself. The sun was a positive sign, symbolising power, success and new beginnings. That was quite a nice start into the day. The girl got ready for work now with a smile on her face. She chose a red skirt and her favourite black silk blouse and apparated to the office of Witch Weekly. This morning she finally intended to finish the horoscopes for the next issue of the magazine which was soon due. When she arrived at her desk though she found a note of her boss, telling her that she had other obligations and that she should make the interview for the cover story. Feeling both flattered and slightly panicky, Parvati looked for further instructions. She squeaked with pleasure when she read the name of the person she got to interview. "Merlin, that's the best day ever!" she exclaimed more to herself than anything, still earning some curious looks from her colleagues. She soon made her way to the Leaky Cauldron where she was to meet the guy in question. Instead of going right into the pub, she visited a restroom first to check on her appearance and reapply her red lipstick. Her long black hair was falling in soft waves over her shoulders, blending seamlessly with the fabric of her top. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and decided to undo the topmost two buttons of her blouse. Showing a little cleavage never hurt now, did it?

Then she stepped into the pub and looked around for the young man in question. A bright smile accompanied by a slight blush spread across her face as she spotted him. Quickly and smoothly she walked over, her high heels clacking on the stone floor, announcing her arrival.

"Hello, I'm Parvati Patil from Witch Weekly. I'm so glad you could find the time for the interview today. Would you like a drink?"

• Online Dylan
    « Reply #82 on: January 17, 2018, 06:58:51 AM »
    So, I literally never thought I'd ever do this but here I am applying for Parvati Patil.

Parvati lay in her bed staring into the darkness. She had just woken up from a nightmare, a nightmare that was based on the memories that she could not get rid of. Sometimes she felt that they came back to her in her dreams as though to remind her of what had been and what was really important. She wanted to look ahead but she couldn't do so for long. Her best friend had died in the Battle of Hogwarts as had so many others she had known and loved. The girl sighed. The defeat of Voldemort and his Death Eaters had been worthwhile, of course, but the victory had been a bitter one as well. Although she did not want to admit this to herself she knew deep down that it could as well have been her or Padma who had died. They hadn't though. They were alive. However, not many days passed without Parvati coming across something she would have talked about with Lavender. Sometimes she wrote journal entries addressing her friend and telling her the latest gossip or anything really that she came across that would have been of interest for Lavender.

She rolled over to the left side and closed her eyes again. It was still dark outside and not yet time to get up. She could try and sleep a little before the day would start. However, Parvati wasn't sure she wanted to fall asleep again. There was the danger of her dreaming of that night again. She didn't want to look at Lavender's lifeless body anymore. She just couldn't bear the thought of it. The girl tried to think of something else. She had her sister, her parents and her friends, of course. She liked her job as it was fun and made her feel accomplished. Yet, at times like this none of that seemed to matter. All these nice aspects of her life seemed pale in comparison to the horrors she had witnessed. She opened her eyes and sat up in her bed. In the darkness she reached out for her wand and lit the candle on her bedside table. Only now the ghosts of the past seemed to fade. Only now the picture of her friend's dead body vanished.

She let herself fall back onto the pillow and sighed. Life was still good, life was still worthwhile. For some time she stared at the candle. The flame was moving softly and it calmed her enough to fall asleep again. When her alarm clock went off hours later the candle was greeting her with a friendly warm light. The girl pushed the duvet away and left the bed to get herself a cup of tea. It was her morning ritual to have tea and read the tea leaves afterwards in order to see what the day would bring. Divination had always been her favourite class and after her outstanding N.E.W.T. Parvati had decided that she'd include some Divination in her everyday life. She felt it gave her strength to face a new day when she had got a glimpse of the future beforehand.

Today the tea leaves looked like a sun and Parvati smiled to herself. The sun was a positive sign, symbolising power, success and new beginnings. That was quite a nice start into the day. The girl got ready for work now with a smile on her face. She chose a red skirt and her favourite black silk blouse and apparated to the office of Witch Weekly. This morning she finally intended to finish the horoscopes for the next issue of the magazine which was soon due. When she arrived at her desk though she found a note of her boss, telling her that she had other obligations and that she should make the interview for the cover story. Feeling both flattered and slightly panicky, Parvati looked for further instructions. She squeaked with pleasure when she read the name of the person she got to interview. "Merlin, that's the best day ever!" she exclaimed more to herself than anything, still earning some curious looks from her colleagues. She soon made her way to the Leaky Cauldron where she was to meet the guy in question. Instead of going right into the pub, she visited a restroom first to check on her appearance and reapply her red lipstick. Her long black hair was falling in soft waves over her shoulders, blending seamlessly with the fabric of her top. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and decided to undo the topmost two buttons of her blouse. Showing a little cleavage never hurt now, did it?

Then she stepped into the pub and looked around for the young man in question. A bright smile accompanied by a slight blush spread across her face as she spotted him. Quickly and smoothly she walked over, her high heels clacking on the stone floor, announcing her arrival.

"Hello, I'm Parvati Patil from Witch Weekly. I'm so glad you could find the time for the interview today. Would you like a drink?"

approved! please check your PMs!