Author Topic:  [Announcement] EFB changes!  (Read 231 times)

• Offline Albus Dumbledore
  • [Announcement] EFB changes!
    « on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:27 PM »
    Hello! I'm pleased to announce that the EFB system has been revamped and is ready for launch! Here are the changes to the program:

• EFBs will no longer be required for pureblood characters. Additionally, since it's going to be an optional program, we'll now be allowing muggle/muggleborn lines to be posted.
    • If you decide to submit an EFB, you can no longer leave the history section blank. We ask that if your family line is Upper Middle Class, you provide at least a paragraph telling us about the family, what they do, etc. If your family line is Middle Class or below, we ask that you just write a sentences.
    • The EFB boards have been expanded and reorganized. Instead of a general "Accepted Submissions" board, there is now a board for each continent (except South America and Antarctica) and inside each continent board are subforums that coincide with countries we have submissions from.
    • The way EFBs are organized within the new boards has been changed as well. The title of each EFB contains information that should help you narrow down families to connect with. For blood status and social status, we are using acronyms (e.g. PB = Pureblood, HB = Halfblood, M/B = Muggle/muggleborn, WC = Working Class, IN = Influential). The titles will also include the region/province/state and town the family is from.
    • All currently approved EFBs have been gone through and sorted into the new boards and have had their titles changed, however any EFBs that do not have a location, has several locations mentioned, or was just unclear as to where the family is located, are currently located in the Accepted Submissions forum. We will be posting a topic in the EFB Submissions forum for any location changes.
    • Instead of dealing with coding, we've converted the EFB system over to forms. Links to these forms can be found in the info header in the EFB submissions forum, or via this link. So, for example, if your character's family line is from Africa, you'll fill out the Africa form and it'll post it in the main EFB forum for sorting.
    • Additionally, if your character's family line is from a country that is geographically located in two continents and you're unsure of which continent the town they're from is located in, you can fill out the Miscellaneous EFB form and we'll handle the rest. Also, members will need to use the Miscellaneous EFB form if your character's family line is from multiple countries or continents.
    • The Rich/Influential applications have also been converted to a form. These applications are still required for all members who wish to have a rich and/or influential family line.
    • Lastly, we ask that you post your EFBs from the account the family line is associated with, or go back into the submitted form and change the account. Our EFB Moderators do not have access to changing the accounts for you.

If any of this is unclear or if you have any further questions, feel free to ask them in this topic, or direct them to any of the EFB Moderators: @Heather @Kaisa or @Fee .

• Offline Dermod Larkin Morfessa
  • Re: [Announcement] EFB changes!
    « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:26:35 AM »
    Yess!! I was trying to figure out what superfluous info I could dream up for Isis's family background and now I don't need to! ;)

[li$i]All currently approved EFBs have been gone through and sorted into the new boards and have had their titles changed, however any EFBs that do not have a location, has several locations mentioned, or was just unclear as to where the family is located, are currently located in the Accepted Submissions forum. We will be posting a topic in the EFB Submissions forum for any location changes.[/li][/list]

How are you dealing with EFBs that have a location listed but aren't yet in the new boards? For example Dermod's and Hunter's EFBs all have locations listed already so I'm not sure if posting them all in the location changes thread is appropriate.

Cxx

• Offline Fee
    • Re: [Announcement] EFB changes!
      « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »
      By location, we mean a town and country that's clearly identifiable, either listed in the "Location" field of the EFB or clearly stated in the history of the EFB.