Author Topic:  [Announcement] Age Up Process & School Thread Deadlines  (Read 1476 times)

• Offline Rinn
  • [Announcement] Age Up Process & School Thread Deadlines
    « on: May 10, 2017, 10:45:47 PM »
    Hi everyone,

With the end of the school terms, we have some important announcements to make regarding the age up of student characters as well as posting deadlines.

Please take a look below regarding each school's policy:

Age Up Requirements for Students
    - Hogwarts Students: Post 2 class posts this term, Update your student's character sheet to include the last year of events
    - Durmstrang Students: Post 2 class posts this term, Update your student's character sheet to include the last year of events
    - Beauxbatons Students: Update your student's character sheet to include the last year of events
    - Mahoutokoro Students: Post in the First Rank Test thread, Update your student's character sheet to include the last year of events

To Submit your Student for an Age Up:
    - Update your character sheet to include the last year of events
    - Post under your character's account in the Character changes & retcons thread
    - Link to at least 2 class posts (if applicable)

Please use this code when you post for Age Up Approval:
    Code: [Select]
    [b]Character's name:[/b]
    [b]Changes made:[/b]
    [b]Links to required posts:[/b] (if applicable)

School Thread Deadlines
    Because we are now in July playtime IC, each school's term has ended. No new threads at any school may be started until the next term begins.

Should you have existing threads, you have from now until we change to August playtime IC to finish these threads. After we change to August playtime, you will no longer be permitted to post in threads at the schools. August playtime IC is slated to start on June 21st.

Should you have any questions, please post them here!

Thanks!
    ~The Admin Team

Re: [Announcement] Age Up Process & School Thread Deadlines
    « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:58:02 AM »
    Okay, so I'm rather embarrassed and reeeeally frustrated with myself, as I know I'm probably one of the only people who hasn't gotten all my class posts done, but does this:

Should you have existing threads, you have from now until we change to August playtime IC to finish these threads. After we change to August playtime, you will no longer be permitted to post in threads at the schools. August playtime IC is slated to start on June 21st.

apply to class threads as well, or do I have no shot at getting Abby aged up anymore?
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:13:50 AM by Becca »

• Offline Rinn
  • Re: [Announcement] Age Up Process & School Thread Deadlines
    « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 01:11:25 AM »
    All school threads are open until August playtime IC. So whatever Hogwarts threads are open now, you can post in. It looks like Charms, DADA and Divination are all options available right now. If you post before we change to August playtime on June 21, you should be able to age Abby up normally.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 01:12:57 AM »
    Okay, perfect! Thanks Rinn! :]

• Offline Rinn
    « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 01:13:21 AM »
    You're welcome!

• Offline Spencer
    « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 03:41:44 AM »
    is it possible to get some sort of exemption due to hiatus?

I really don't want to screw up Caden's timeline but my life is in a tumultuous whirlwind of transition

plz halp
    but i got smarter i got harder in the nick of time

honey i rose up from the dead i do it all the time

• Offline Rinn
    « Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 09:13:08 PM »
    Hi @Spencer 
    Because we announced the age up terms in May of 2016 and it doesn't appear you were on hiatus for the entire time since then, we would prefer you complete the two class posts for Caden. There are still several classes open at Hogwarts that you could post in including Charms, Divination, and DADA. These threads will be open until August playtime which is slated to start on June 21 so you have almost a month to do those two posts.
    Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!
    ~Rinn

• Offline Ash
    « Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 04:24:23 AM »
    Hi!

Do we have until August or September playtime to update character sheets and all that?

• Offline Taed
    « Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 04:30:58 AM »
    To clarify - when August playtime begins, all class threads will be closed and locked.  You will need to update your character sheets before September playtime begins to have your students in the correct years. :)

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
    Sep 18
    work 0800-1630
    football 1700-1900
    work 0800-1630
    football 1700-1900
    work 0800-1630
    choir 1700-1800
    Bible st 1830-1930
    work 0800-1630
    football 1700-1900
    Taed + Jaycee 4 yrs!

VACATION

away game 1700-2200
    VACATION

LARP 0800-2000
    24 church 0845-1245

• Offline Ash
    « Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:22 AM »
    Thank youu!!

• Offline Samm
    « Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 07:15:09 PM »
    Also posts made in the Class threads at ISS also count toward the post requirements! Feel free to jump in any of the lessons, the first of which is located here.

• Offline Samuel Dickinson
    • Save us all, tell me life is beautiful.
    • Carys
    • straight
    • 1316 Posts
    • Trophy Closet
      Ravenclaw Head of House Post of the Month Winner Registered a wand from Ollivanders Carys's FPP Sapphire Reward Inga's FPP Amethyst Reward Inga's FPP Sapphire Reward This member reached the Ruby level before July 2015!
    « Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 07:34:20 PM »
    is it possible to get some sort of exemption due to hiatus?

I really don't want to screw up Caden's timeline but my life is in a tumultuous whirlwind of transition

plz halp

Come to divination class! It's still running and Sam will be delighted to see another student, even if it's only for one post! Same goes for any Hoggies students who want to age up but aren't quite there yet... :)

• Offline Jefferson Crane
    « Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »
    I have kept the Astronomy Final open and will leave it open until August playtime as an OOC extension. This too can count towards participation requirements based on my understanding from @Samm. :3

Also BB CoMC is still open. I plan to post there this week with Heloise to move it forward. :D

• Offline Galina Krylova
    « Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 08:09:48 PM »
    and if anyone needs Durm class posts - Alchemy is still open as well. =)

• Offline Aileen Devitt
    « Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 03:50:44 AM »
    Question - I wasn't progressed during the 2000 playtime. Do I still count everything I did this year as "Year Five"?

av - sadie @ cttw ♥ / sig - juliet ♥