Author Topic:  Lay Your Weary Head to Rest [Ren]  (Read 307 times)

Offline Sakamoto Yuki

• Archived Character
  • Muggle
  • Trophy Closet This character badge is a secret achievement. Keep playing to unlock it! Inga's FPP Sapphire Reward Jenny's Holiday 2016 Prize Jenny's FPP Sapphire Reward
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Tye
  • Sexuality: Heterosexual
Lay Your Weary Head to Rest [Ren]
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:38:24 PM »
Mahoutokoro Library, Ongoro Island, April 4th 2001

Sakamoto Yuki had shown incredible restraint for a girl known for her big mouth!

It had been several weeks since she had witnessed the end of a most troubling encounter between her sister’s boyfriend Akiyama Ren and a year mate of his named Sono Natsuo. She had seen Ren push Sono against the wall, heard snippets of a conversation which included the words “I have a boyfriend you know”. It all could have been very innocent. Ren’s actions could have simply been the bullying that came naturally to a homophobic bigot. However, there had been something about the way they had looked at each other, and the vulnerability Ren displayed after Sono’s exit also made her think it was so much more than that. There was chemistry between the two, and she was surprised she had not seen it before. Of course the fact that she had already been suspicious that there was something not quite right about the older boy’s relationship with Rin may have contributed to her openness to reaching such a dramatic conclusion.

Yuki had been desperate to confront the sixth year Kukan since she had come to this startling revelation. Unfortunately, as luck would have it, she had not come across him since that day. Under different circumstances she would have sought him out, in fact she had nearly done so on several occasions, but she ultimately didn’t have the time to do so. The Seishin no Mezame was approaching and her days were usually spent doing one of the following; studying in the library for the mind portion of the exam, working in the Dojo for the second part, or practicing the advanced spells likely to come up in the magical section in an advanced classroom. She simply did not have the time to waste a day trying to find her sister’s wayward boyfriend. The competitive and ambitious aspects of her psyche currently dominated above all else.

At present the fourth year Tschui was stood before the library. Yuki had just finished a study session with a select few who also intended to take the test for first rank. Several strands of her light brown hair hung messily around her face and the fifteen year old had the air of someone surviving on far too little sleep. There were small black bags under her dark brown eyes and she had a rather distracted air about her as she walked. In truth, the Japanese girl was fast approaching the point where her attempts to study would do more harm than good due to fatigue. Not that the headstrong fourth year would ever admit to it.

It was just as Yuki had reached the back of the library and was headed for the main building that she happened to catch a glimpse of Akiyma Ren walking towards her. Perhaps it was weariness, perhaps it was simply the girl’s unusually blunt manner that came out to play, but before she knew it the fourth year found herself marching up to the sixth year. There was a sudden fire in her eyes as she looked to him with a stern expression. The books in her arm the only thing stopping her from folding her arms. “Would you care to explain to me why you’re dating my sister when you’re clearly homosexual?” She queried bluntly without a hint of shame about the forward nature of her question.

@Akiyama Ren
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:32:59 AM by Tristan Ross »

Offline Akiyama Ren

Re: Lay Your Weary Head to Rest [Ren]
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 01:15:39 AM »
Ren liked the library. He liked the quiet, he liked the smell of books and fresh parchment. He liked the sound of a quill rustling against paper. IT was calming because it was something he knew, and it was a great distraction from everything that had been plaguing him these past few weeks. Ever since his detention, things seemed different somehow and he hated that feeling. He worked hard to earn back the trust of the librarian, and he had school to focus on as well. He was a strong student in many subjects, but there remained a few that he struggled with.

The main one of those was Kekkai and Fuuin. That was an important subject that he planned to receive a N.E.W.T. in. If he wanted to make that plan a reality, it would require a great deal of study, even outside of the juku program.  He had created a cozy work station in the back of the library and planned to get to work when he realized that he was missing one of the books he had wanted to use. He left his other books in place and began to hunt the book down. He was on his way back to his seat when he was approached by a familiar face.

Ren was not close with Sakamoto Yuki. Though he was “dating” her sister, the two of them had never really interacted much at all beyond the basic pleasantries. When she first approached, he thought that she might have come with a message from Rin. He had been distracted lately, and not a good boyfriend. Honestly she deserved someone better than him, but for the moment she seemed to like him fine. He missed her, a little, and seeing Yuki initially made him remember that he wanted to take a bento box to sit on the grounds with her over lunch sometime soon. Maybe he would approach her the next day and see what her plans were... wait, what?

Yuki's words hit him so suddenly that it almost gave him whiplash. He blinked for a moment before he remembered how to talk, red-faced and humiliated that the girl had asked him such a thing, so loud, in such a public place and in such a blunt way. It was rude, to begin with, but he didn't even seem to mind how ride it was because he was so caught up in the content of what she was saying.

He was obviously a homosexual? Ren knew that he was gay, and had known for years, but it had always been a major secret, one that he hid carefully. The idea that a girl he didn't know knew, he had no idea. Had Rin told her this? He had a feeling that Rin knew about him, but she benefited from no one else knowing it. It made her look good to be with someone so much older. Why would she tell? Well, he supposed he understood. Yuki was her twin and twins had a special connection.... but why would Yuki be confronting him (loudly) in the middle of a crowded place about it? He hushed her quickly and tried to use his body to section her away from the rest of the crowd.

“I have no idea what you're talking about, but I don't appreciate the accusation.” He managed, searching her face for a reason why she might have thought that. He was coming up blank, and he hated not knowing.
I f   y o u   w a n t   t o   f i n d   o u t   w h a t ' s   b e h i n d   t h e s e   c o l d   e y e s

Y o u ' l l   j u s t   h a v e   t o   c l a w   y o u r   w a y   t h r o u g h   t h i s   d i s g u i s e

Offline Sakamoto Yuki

• Archived Character
  • Muggle
  • Trophy Closet This character badge is a secret achievement. Keep playing to unlock it! Inga's FPP Sapphire Reward Jenny's Holiday 2016 Prize Jenny's FPP Sapphire Reward
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Tye
  • Sexuality: Heterosexual
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:43:39 PM »
His cheeks are flushed; he’s clearly agitated and trying to hide me from the other students. I’ve struck a nerve. The fourth year Tsuchi decided as she eyed the handsome sixth year with a speculative look on her doll like features. If it wasn’t true then why hadn’t Ren just brushed her remark off with a dismissive joke, or ignored her altogether? Why was there the need for secrecy, if he hadn’t done anything wrong? It wasn’t the fact that the sixth year was gay that Yuki found so appalling. She knew what it was like to not match the standards of society to judge others for doing the same. It was the fact that he may have been using her sister to conceal his dirty little secret. Sakamoto Yuki had always known that there wasn’t something quite right about the way her sister had acted when she spoke of her relationship with Ren, and now she knew why. The Kukan had been playing with her by constantly switching from hot to cold. 

The fourth year Tschui pursed her lips as he rebuked her for the accusation. The petite girl’s light brown eyes narrowed as a further sign of the irritation she felt. “I honestly don’t care what you appreciate. Not when you have been using my sister like this”. The words were spoken in an increasingly loud tone until the last was practically shouted. It was a good thing they were outside of the actual library building, or the librarian would have thrown them out for certain. Yuki was certainly showing the unconventional aspect of her personality.

“Don’t try to deny it! She told me what you are.” That was an unexpected lie from the usually brutally honest girl. The moment she said it Yuki wished she could take it back. She knew that Rin would be livid when she heard that her twins had made up lies about her.  However, she couldn’t take it back; not now, if she did the validity of her overall claims would be shattered. She decided to try and salvage the situation by following the lie with some truths. “And I saw it for myself. I saw the way you looked at Sono Natsuo as you pushed him in to the wall. You have feelings for him!” The last was said in a firm tone. The fourth year stared at her sister’s boyfriend with a grim expression and practically daring him to deny it.

Offline Akiyama Ren

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »
The Kukan had been momentarily dumbstruck, but it soon passed and was replaced by an icy cool, calm facade. The lingering redness in his cheeks was the only sign that he had been bothered by her and he worked hard to keep it that way. He did not want, and could not afford, to let this get out. He, too, was glad they were outside of the library building itself in hopes that no one around was really listening or able to hear them. He was still keeping Yuki off to the side, trying his best to contain her shouting.

“I assure you, anything going on between myself and your sister is completely consensual.” He replied, which, while true, didn't exactly make himself sound innocent. If anything, it made her sound as though she was a part of the cover-up. It seemed that was a lucky choice of words, though, as she later admitted what Ren feared. Yuki had heard about his sexuality from Rin. Why she would tell anyone was beyond him, but surely Yuki should know better than to go around yelling about it.

“I have no idea why she would tell you anything of the sort. I'll have to talk to her myself.” He worked hard to phrase that ion a way that did not further incriminate himself. Yuki could be lying, but she could very well be telling the truth. Ren thought that Rin knew about him, but what if she didn't? What if she had just figured it out on her own and gushed her disappointment to Yuki. He felt a pang of guilt in his chest, but dismissed it.

No, Rin knew. She had to know, from the way he never tried to kiss her, the way he only took her hand when people were watching, and the way he certainly never tried for more. Boys his age, himself included, had one thing on their mind with possible romantic prospects. He could pretend that he was above those games, but the truth was that he was just as lustful, just as hungry as the others. He was just careful to hide it, and had a taste for older men.

Ren was about ready to change his tune when she mentioned Natsuo and he suddenly stopped in his tracks, blown out of the water again. Feelings for him?? For Natsuo?? That could never happen! That wasn't even true, and hi s face turned even more red as he thought about it. Why did it seem that he couldn't escape the other no matter what he wanted to do? “Sono Natsuo? No! I do not have feelings for him. I detest him!” He was much more passionate about this than anything else, and Ren didn't even notice how telling that was. He was too absorbed in making sure no one thought to link their names. He would not, could not be lumped in with Sono, certainly not that way. Even if the other boy was attractive, even if they used to be friends and even if Ren thought there might still be something there. He wouldn't allow it.
I f   y o u   w a n t   t o   f i n d   o u t   w h a t ' s   b e h i n d   t h e s e   c o l d   e y e s

Y o u ' l l   j u s t   h a v e   t o   c l a w   y o u r   w a y   t h r o u g h   t h i s   d i s g u i s e