Author Topic:  [Announcement] Positions  (Read 37521 times)

• Offline Albus Dumbledore
  • [Announcement] Positions
    « on: July 21, 2008, 05:47:27 AM »
    In this thread you will find a list of any open teaching positions around the schools. Administrators will post when a new position has opened up, and it is your responsibility to post in this thread if you're interested in taking over the role.

Professors are given moderator privileges and should be played with the utmost responsibility. Each professor should be a graduate of the school they are teaching at, should be over the age of thirty, and should follow the rules of their school (ie; the right nationalities, no muggleborns without exceptional stories for Durmstrang, etc.) Professors are expected to keep their class lists up to date and to post in their classes regularly, as well as making new lessons as required. For specific rules per school, get with an administrator on the school team such as Meridian for Mahoutokoro, Sioban for Beauxbatons, Rinn for Durmstrang, and Toya for Hogwarts.

When applying for a position, make sure to include a sample of how you'll start your first lesson.

Professor Positions

Hogwarts

Ancient Runes --- OPEN
    Arithmancy --- Timothy Darien Winchester
    Astronomy --- Jefferson Crane
    CoMC --- Olivia Welks
    Charms --- Lyall Trickett
    DADA --- Dominic Regan
    Divination --- Samuel Dickinson
    Herbology --- Nazreen Ajay
    History of Magic --- Fitz Fitzgerald
    Muggle Studies --- Owen Willoughby
    Potions --- Persephone Bane
    Transfiguration --- Emmett Markham
    Flying Class --- Fflur Blevins

Headmistress --- Minerva McGonagall
    Deputy Head --- Samuel Dickinson
    Keeper of the Keys --- OPEN
    School Nurse --- OPEN
    Librarian --- OPEN

Head of Gryffindor --- OPEN
    Head of Hufflepuff --- Olivia Welks
    Head of Ravenclaw --- Samuel Dickinson
    Head of Slytherin --- OPEN

Beauxbatons

Les Arts Créatifs et la Littérature ~ Creative Arts and Literature --- Amina Nasraoui
    Études Médicales ~ Medical Studies --- Diego Ortega  pending Koala
    La Musique ~ Music ---  Joséphine Vipond
    Occupant de la Faune Magique ~ Care of Magical Creatures --- Héloïse Dalcy
    Enchantement ~ Charms --- pending Jared ~ Trystan Lecuyer
    Soi-défense et la Diplomatie ~ Defense Against the Dark Arts --- Christiane Roux pending Lynx
    Tirer les Ficelles du Cerveau ~ Hypnosis --- Gaston Malinat
    Mysticisme ~  Mysticism --- Adrienne Villeforte
    Métamorphose ~ Transfiguration --- Gauvain Améliore
    L'Art des Potions Cordiale ~ Potions --- Drina Alverez
    Sensibilité aux Plantes ~ Herbology ---  Jacqueline Lavergne
    Le Déguisement et les Moldus ~ Muggle Studies --- Carolijn Westbroek
    Apprendre à Voler ~ Flying Class --- OPEN

Headmistress --- Olympe Maxime
    Deputy Headmaster --- Peter Alva Tannenbaum
    Head of Bellefeuille --- Amina Nasraoui
    Head of Ombrelune --- Olympe Maxime
    Head of Papillonlisse --- Drina Alverez

Durmstrang

Alchemy --- Galina Krylova
    Curse Breaking --- OPEN
    Curses & Hexes --- ON HOLD
    Dark Flora & Fauna --- ON HOLD
    Defense & Duelling ---  Maksim Kedzierski
    Dragon Flying --- Oksana Krylova
    Enchantments & Bans --- OPEN
    Illusions --- Pavel Krinov
    Melioration --- ON HOLD
    Nautica --- Erik Fisker
    Necromancy --- Amir al-Busuri
    Sigilmancy --- Zaharina Zafirova
    Survival --- Bozhidar Hadijiev
    Magical Weaponry & Sword Fighting --- Liu Daiyu

Additional available classes:
    Stormweaving --- OPEN
    Water Manipulation --- Volya Nikolov
    Dragonology --- OPEN

Headmaster --- Anastasiya Vulchanova
    Deputy Headmaster --- Pavel Krinov
    Head of Drakonya Krov --- OPEN
    Head of Klyk Vampira --- Pavel Krinov

Student Positions

Hogwarts

Slytherin Prefects
    Kendall Byrd & Damien Conway
    Hufflepuff Prefects
    Linnet Willowsong & Camm Erskine
    Gryffindor Prefects
    Tess Gorman & Trevor Regan
    Ravenclaw Prefects
    Vivienne Awning & Stewart Ackerley
    Head Boy/Head Girl
    Gemma Whitbeck & Harvey Landsdowne
    Quidditch Captains
    Grey Welks-Traeh, Alvin Hadditch, Freya Trickett, Ciara Regan

Beauxbatons

Papillonlisse Musketeer
    Alessandro Marconi
    Bellefeuille Musketeer
    Emma Archambault
    Ombrelune Musketeer
    Sylvain Chéret
    Quidditch
    Captains: --, --, --
    Co-captains: --, --, --

Durmstrang

Tsaritza/Tsar
    Meike Rosenthal, Psiana Skarpurrokk
    Quidditch Captains
    Edyta Ciesynska, Rumjana Kalishnikova
    Dueling Club Captains
    Avel Zlotnik, Sabina Sarkova
    Dueling Club Co-Captains
    Liesel Schmidt, Yelena Romanova
    Snegvoin
    Josef Lasnik, Nayiri Yazdjian
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:13:18 AM by Sophiæ »

• Offline Nala Jauregi
  • Re: [Announcement] Positions
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:25:48 PM »
    hey all!! I'd like to apply for the Medical Studies position at Beauxbatons - Diego Ortega is a 36 year old former Ombrelune. He worked as an Emergency Healer for a number of years before being bumped up to head of his floor. He recently stepped down from his position, as it was taking up most of his time and he figured working in a school night be less stressful. here it goes!

Walking down the halls of Beauxbatons was never going to get old for Diego Ortega. Unlike the halls of the hospital, the halls of Beauxbatons were not full of shouting and screams of pain, but instead, mindless chatter as the students walked between classes. Plus - there was no constant reminder of mortality in the form of dying patients lying in the rooms he walked past, which made the thirty nine year old more comfortable than ever. Diego didn't have to constantly worry about losing his quill and not having time to accio himself another before someone started having any breathing problems or whatever it was that was wrong with them. Life in the castle was wonderful.

After waving his wand at the door that had now been his classroom for the past year, Diego pushed the heavy door open, letting it stay ajar as he made his way through the desks and to the front of the room. The bag that was sitting slung across his shoulder was set down on the podium he had setting in the center of the room, pushed open with the man's wand as he let it swish in the air again. Tiny cauldrons, small enough that Diego himself could hold 3 in his hand, spread out across the desks that sat in front of him, still slightly messy from the day before. With another flick of his wrist, the desks were in their places and the cauldrons had started to grow to their normal size, taking up each of the desks completely before they'd stopped growing.

Diego had the ingredients for the potions his students were to make in class that day tucked away farther into his bag, each separate ingredient tucked away into their own small box. The Spanish man had to reach into his bag, his whole arm disappearing into the confines of the leather before coming back out, gripping a handful of small boxes. The shrinking charm had really come in handy as soon as Diego had become a professor, if he was being honest. He couldn't think of something more useful.

As Diego had started to charm the boxes back to their normal sizes, students finally started trickling in, the room slowly getting louder and louder. As the students took their seats, settling into their regular groups, Diego took the time to write his name, as well as what they were working on, on the chalk board behind him. 'HEALING POTIONS' it had read once he was done.

Diego turned to the class, once he was sure everyone had enough time to arrive in the classroom, clasping his hands together and clearing his throat. "Okay, class, settle down, please! If you couldn't tell by the cauldrons sitting in front of you, we're going to be making potions today! Now, don't fear, this isn't your potions class, and this might actually be the only potion we're making the rest of this year." Diego strolled through the rows of desks, stopping in front of the classroom door to close it. "Using the ingredients that I have laid out in front of the room, you are to make one healing potion of your choice. It may be Skele-Gro, a burn healing paste, Wiggenweld Potion, a coma inducing potion, whatever it may be." The professor made his way back to the front of the room. "I'll check your potions at the end of class - feel free to ask any questions you'd like, and tell me if you need any other ingredients!" The older man leaned against his desk. "And begin!"
    AND  I  L O V E  THE  H O U S E  THAT  WE  L I V E  IN.

AND  I  L O V E  YOU  A L L  TOO  M U C H

• Offline Dermod Larkin Morfessa
    « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 04:41:15 PM »
    hey all!! I'd like to apply for the Medical Studies position at Beauxbatons - Diego Ortega is a 36 year old former Ombrelune. He worked as an Emergency Healer for a number of years before being bumped up to head of his floor. He recently stepped down from his position, as it was taking up most of his time and he figured working in a school night be less stressful. here it goes!

Walking down the halls of Beauxbatons was never going to get old for Diego Ortega. Unlike the halls of the hospital, the halls of Beauxbatons were not full of shouting and screams of pain, but instead, mindless chatter as the students walked between classes. Plus - there was no constant reminder of mortality in the form of dying patients lying in the rooms he walked past, which made the thirty nine year old more comfortable than ever. Diego didn't have to constantly worry about losing his quill and not having time to accio himself another before someone started having any breathing problems or whatever it was that was wrong with them. Life in the castle was wonderful.

After waving his wand at the door that had now been his classroom for the past year, Diego pushed the heavy door open, letting it stay ajar as he made his way through the desks and to the front of the room. The bag that was sitting slung across his shoulder was set down on the podium he had setting in the center of the room, pushed open with the man's wand as he let it swish in the air again. Tiny cauldrons, small enough that Diego himself could hold 3 in his hand, spread out across the desks that sat in front of him, still slightly messy from the day before. With another flick of his wrist, the desks were in their places and the cauldrons had started to grow to their normal size, taking up each of the desks completely before they'd stopped growing.

Diego had the ingredients for the potions his students were to make in class that day tucked away farther into his bag, each separate ingredient tucked away into their own small box. The Spanish man had to reach into his bag, his whole arm disappearing into the confines of the leather before coming back out, gripping a handful of small boxes. The shrinking charm had really come in handy as soon as Diego had become a professor, if he was being honest. He couldn't think of something more useful.

As Diego had started to charm the boxes back to their normal sizes, students finally started trickling in, the room slowly getting louder and louder. As the students took their seats, settling into their regular groups, Diego took the time to write his name, as well as what they were working on, on the chalk board behind him. 'HEALING POTIONS' it had read once he was done.

Diego turned to the class, once he was sure everyone had enough time to arrive in the classroom, clasping his hands together and clearing his throat. "Okay, class, settle down, please! If you couldn't tell by the cauldrons sitting in front of you, we're going to be making potions today! Now, don't fear, this isn't your potions class, and this might actually be the only potion we're making the rest of this year." Diego strolled through the rows of desks, stopping in front of the classroom door to close it. "Using the ingredients that I have laid out in front of the room, you are to make one healing potion of your choice. It may be Skele-Gro, a burn healing paste, Wiggenweld Potion, a coma inducing potion, whatever it may be." The professor made his way back to the front of the room. "I'll check your potions at the end of class - feel free to ask any questions you'd like, and tell me if you need any other ingredients!" The older man leaned against his desk. "And begin!"

[carys]Please make that prof![/carys]

• Offline Morrison Thorne
    • I need a gang to follow me around all day and clap when I make jokes
    • Cameron
    • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • 2062 Posts
    • Trophy Closet
      Registered a wand from Ollivanders Influential Family Member This member reached the Aquamarine level before July 2015!
    Re: [Announcement] Positions
    « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 07:37:21 AM »
    I would like to apply for the Enchantments & Bans position at Durmstrang, or, reapply rather. Karolina Rosenthal is a late-thirties former Drakonya Krov who has spent the past two decades traveling the world, working as a curse breaker, working to recover artifacts from ancient tombs, pyramids, and chambers, primarly in Mexico and China. She ended this work recently to come back to Russia to be closer to her sick mother. She has no interest in idle time, and extensive experience with runes and enchantments of differing mediums.

I retracted my initial application with her because I did not see myself having enough time to work on her enough to complete her sheet(look at me, I'm psychic). Several months have passed since this initial application and I am excited for the opportunity to hopefully have another chance at playing the professor for this class. Thank you for reading~

Just seconds after she finished off her signature, the bell sounded from the Grand Hall through all corners of the school, signaling that class had just begun. Karolina tapped the letter with her wand, and watched it as it folded itself before her eyes, falling neatly back on her desk. She didn't have time to send it off just yet, so her mother would have to wait until classes finished to hear from her, not that anything vitally important was written on the parchment. Wand in hand, she crossed the room to the door, exiting as she headed down the hallway to her first lesson of the year.

It felt very strange to be teaching at Durmstrang yet feeling like a stranger. Until she had begun vying for the position of Enchantments & Bans Professor, Karolina had not even visited the campus. Thankfully, her classroom was a very short distance from her office; while she had spent several days before term roaming, familiarizing her self with the new school, there were still a few spots that got her turned around. Heels clicked against the  ground as she approached her classroom. She entered to find the desks full with pupils; they were talking rather noisily, probably wondering where their new professor was.

As she crossed the threshold into the room, her wand rose nonchalantly, and the door slammed behind her. It had a more threatening effect than she had really intended, but it did the job of announcing her presence will enough. Despite the nerves that she was now fighting off in her stomach, she strode to the front desk without looking at any of the craning necks getting their first look at the new professor. Beside the desk there was a glass box immediately to the right, the size of a large wardrobe with a door on its side.

"Welcome back to Durmstrang," she began, taping a piece of chalk with her wand as it wrote to spell out her name. "And welcome to Enchantments and Bans, I am Professor Karolina Jung, though you are not to refer to me as Karolina under any circumstances." With another flick of her wand, the chalk wrote out a single word, 'Protection'. "Today we will be discussing, and practicing, Protection Runes, specifically within the Elder Futhark alphabet." The chalk then drew a symbol below her name.

"There is very little theory to today's lesson, so hopefully we can move on to the fun part quickly, but that really depends on you. Can anyone tell me the name of this rune?"

• Offline Winifred Gwartney
    « Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 09:49:27 PM »
    I would like to apply for the Enchantments & Bans position at Durmstrang, or, reapply rather. Karolina Rosenthal is a late-thirties former Drakonya Krov who has spent the past two decades traveling the world, working as a curse breaker, working to recover artifacts from ancient tombs, pyramids, and chambers, primarly in Mexico and China. She ended this work recently to come back to Russia to be closer to her sick mother. She has no interest in idle time, and extensive experience with runes and enchantments of differing mediums.

I retracted my initial application with her because I did not see myself having enough time to work on her enough to complete her sheet(look at me, I'm psychic). Several months have passed since this initial application and I am excited for the opportunity to hopefully have another chance at playing the professor for this class. Thank you for reading~

Just seconds after she finished off her signature, the bell sounded from the Grand Hall through all corners of the school, signaling that class had just begun. Karolina tapped the letter with her wand, and watched it as it folded itself before her eyes, falling neatly back on her desk. She didn't have time to send it off just yet, so her mother would have to wait until classes finished to hear from her, not that anything vitally important was written on the parchment. Wand in hand, she crossed the room to the door, exiting as she headed down the hallway to her first lesson of the year.

It felt very strange to be teaching at Durmstrang yet feeling like a stranger. Until she had begun vying for the position of Enchantments & Bans Professor, Karolina had not even visited the campus. Thankfully, her classroom was a very short distance from her office; while she had spent several days before term roaming, familiarizing her self with the new school, there were still a few spots that got her turned around. Heels clicked against the  ground as she approached her classroom. She entered to find the desks full with pupils; they were talking rather noisily, probably wondering where their new professor was.

As she crossed the threshold into the room, her wand rose nonchalantly, and the door slammed behind her. It had a more threatening effect than she had really intended, but it did the job of announcing her presence will enough. Despite the nerves that she was now fighting off in her stomach, she strode to the front desk without looking at any of the craning necks getting their first look at the new professor. Beside the desk there was a glass box immediately to the right, the size of a large wardrobe with a door on its side.

"Welcome back to Durmstrang," she began, taping a piece of chalk with her wand as it wrote to spell out her name. "And welcome to Enchantments and Bans, I am Professor Karolina Jung, though you are not to refer to me as Karolina under any circumstances." With another flick of her wand, the chalk wrote out a single word, 'Protection'. "Today we will be discussing, and practicing, Protection Runes, specifically within the Elder Futhark alphabet." The chalk then drew a symbol below her name.

"There is very little theory to today's lesson, so hopefully we can move on to the fun part quickly, but that really depends on you. Can anyone tell me the name of this rune?"

Approved! Please make a sheet~

• Offline Elias Deyer
    « Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 09:00:43 PM »
    I'd like to apply for the  Enchantement position at Beauxbatons. I'd like to use @Trystan Lecuyer, a thirty-five year old accomplished Charms expert who used to be a Defensive Charms Consultant for the Department of Mysteries. There he perfected his wand skills, and in time honed his teaching skills when he stepped up to the head of his team. He absolutely loved teaching new additions the team, so much so that it lead him to lend himself out for tutoring in charms, and later on down the road he went to school for teaching. After his time in College, the former Ombrelune applied at Beauxbatons for the Enchantement position, hoping that he'd love teaching the next generation as much as he loved teaching this one.

Trystan himself is a smart, down to earth, very amiable individual. He'd be willing to help his students out in any way he can, and would go so far as to do one on one tutoring with his students just to make sure they understand. This does not mean however, that hes a pushover. He's professional and firm with his class, aside from little jokes related to the lesson. He can't stand it when people come to his class and sleep or don't pay attention. He will dismiss those students, and will fail them on attendance for that class. Attendance to him is actively participating in the class by doing the practical and at least raising a hand when a question is asked, and of course keeping their gaze on him when he is speaking. (And who wouldn't want to, hes gorgeous)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Trystan walked into his classroom, the warm, familiar scent of vanilla and jasmine filled the air and he could almost feel the magic coalescing in the room. This was a good sign of things to come he thought. The former Omberlune walked over to his desk, set down his briefcase on the floor beside it and took a seat in the large, leather high back chair. He looked out into the empty classroom, taking stock of his new surroundings. The room was, by all accounts, spacious and open, with desks and chairs meticulously placed in 4 rows of five on either side of the walkway from his desk to the back wall. He looked to his left, at the door the students would be marching in from at any moment. The thought of children depending on him to teach them what they needed to know to excel in the magical world both frightened and excited him at the same time. The more he thought about it, the more he was ready for it to be class time.

In a few moments, a mass of students came flooding through the door of the Enchantement Classroom, the sound of the footfalls on the tile floor made it sound like an army was marching in. Some of the students took seats immediately, while other students waited and weighed their options. He waited a few moments for stragglers, then whipped a hand to the door which promptly shut and locked. He stood from the high back chair, straightening himself up to his full height and smiled at the class.

"Welcome to Enchantement, I'm Monsieur Lecuyer," some students said welcome, others just nodded, "I'm very excited to talk about today's lesson, but first I feel I must lay down ground rules." The former Charms Consultant drew his lips to a line, no longer smiling. "First and foremost, please be here because you want to, if you come here to sleep or cause trouble I will have no problem kicking you out of this class. So, if you feel like you don't need to be here, the door is over there." Professor Lecuyer gestured over to the door, glancing over at his students then to the door which gave a faint popping sound like the lock had slid back open.

"Piggybacking off of that, I expect you to participate in my class. Charms is a very practical subject, and I am a practical teacher." As he said this, he moved his with a flourish andhis wand emerged from his suit jacket. He arched it around the room, causing the lights to brighten to almost florescence, then dimming them to his liking. "I am giving you the knowledge to function as a member of society and be able to adequately use magic to propel you forward in life. If you do not learn how to channel your magic properly, you will find it hard to cast the simplest incantations."

Professor Lecuyer's face brightened a little bit suddenly, then he added, "But I'm sure you will all head my warnings and we'll have a great hour together in this classroom of ours." He pushed aside some paperwork, grabbed his briefcase and set it down. He unlocked the case, silently but left the lid closed. "Your practical Charms classes start today." The professor had a wicked grin on his handsome features, "On your feet!"

• Offline Áine Kerr
    • "I am a lady. And with that comes an estrogen fuelled need to page through thick, glossy magazines that make me hate my body."
    • Playful Lynx
    • Straight
    • 2042 Posts

• Trophy Closet
      Registered a wand from Ollivanders Upper Middle Class Family Member Third Level of Potion Masters Guild
    « Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 03:35:49 AM »
    Hi I am so sorry for this being soooooooooo late.
    I like to try and make a character to play Soi-défense et la Diplomatie ~ Defense Against the Dark Arts.
    Jacqueline Roux is a 33 year old Ombrelune Alumni. She is the daughter of now Retired French Diplomats. She was an auror up until just recently. Jacqueline thought it be better and safer to switch to teaching instead of being out on the field. She strict and very much straight the point person.

First day of class was about to begin, the classroom was all arranged. It was a Different in what way?different arrangement from the other rooms; the desks were arranged in groups of five the end ones facing away from the door and back of the room. The walls were converted into chalk boards. Standing among these desks in a large space was a tall strict looking women. Madame Roux was young and this was her first time teaching. Under the calm facade was raw nerves and excitement. She was so eager to teach the first years. "They truly are the lucky ones, for they will be able to grow into my standards" Roux pitied the upperclassmen they were in for a few surprises and this class would not be easy on them. She wasn't planning on fully implementing her lesson plans on them or even half of her standards.

Students began to trickle into the class choosing to sit with their housemates and not associating with the others. "This would not do at all the students will need to be broken up" Roux watched the children and memorized with whom they sat with. When the finale student sauntered in slowly she gave them a glare. Tardiness was highly frowned upon by Roux and being close to time was just as equivalent to being late. "Now class Welcome to Soi-défense et la Diplomatie I am Madame Roux and we have much to cover today". Roux spoke clearly and sharply her tone demanded to be paid attention to. "Lets begin with role as I call your name you will stand up and move to desk I assign you to" Roux pressed on ignoring the groans of the young students and glared frighteningly at the first years that vocalized their complaints. With each name she called, at the back of the room a quick quotes quill marked the names on parchment of where they were assigned. It wrote down the name and the house of the student, it even made notes of their blood status. This was all info she had spent all morning acquiring.
    Once finished with the role she summoned the parchment studied it quickly made a few slight changes based on the friendships she had seen. Roux was satisfied with the end results, the groups were spread out evenly boy, girls, and at least one of each house. None of the students sat next to the people they originally sat with. They were even forced to be with those they prejudice against. "There finished, these will be whom you sit with for the following seven years, if you get into my upper classes." Raising her hand to the protests "There will not be changes made, in life just as in my classroom you must get used to being with people you do not know or those you may even hate"

While she had been assigning the seating a chalk had been writing the rules upon the board. "Quills and parchment out, now that took longer than expected and we do not have time to waste. In this class I will be teaching you how to defend yourself from both dark creatures and wizards" Roux began speaking not waiting to see if children followed her orders. Roux had a no nonsense personality and she expected the students to just obey and that was something they had to learn. "For the first part of the term there will be very little magic." "We will be studying dark creatures, their habitat and the means of defending oneself from them." "The second half of this term we will begin the practical application of what we have learned" Roux paused to take a breath and glanced around good students had listen and were taking notes. "After the holidays we will then turn to studying of laws and dark wizards. For the first few years you will learn how to negotiate and how to run away from a fight." Here was met with some complaints but Roux once more pressed on. "You are children and if you meet up with dark wizards the best you can do is try to escape." "This will be the general pattern until you reach the upper class years, then everything changes and you will do more of self studying. To get in these classes you must have at least M: MERVEILLEUX Yet if you do not get a R on your exams your sixth year you will not continue in this class. "Now turn to the boards and copy down the rules"

Students must be prompt, coming in just as or even just before its time to start will result in detention.

Students will raise their hands if they have something to say. In this class most comments are acceptable except any complaints about seating or the lesson plan.

A well thought out argument and proposition is not considered a complaint. Yet the judgement of if the argument is well thought out and isn't a complaint is up to Madame Roux.

Complaints result in detention

Students will sit in their assigned groups and study with groups and complete all assignments with groups for the rest of the time they take this class.

Failing to do so will result in detention.

Failure to turn in Assignment will result in detention.

Detentions will be served by all members of the group whether they had part or not in the infraction.

The last and the first day of class each week will be for discussion of the groups.

Once the students were finished copying down the rules. Roux began again. "The discussions between your group are open topic, yet you must discuss something we covered the past week. Outside the assignments I assign you must also research individually your topic, you will then on the last day discuss what you have found out. Debates are acceptable." Here Roux smiled fondly, "In fact debates are encouraged. I want you guys to learn how to disagree with each other in a friendly manner; You must be able argue points in clearly and diplomatically in life."

See class was almost over "Alright now it is time for group discussions you will spend the rest of class talking to your group mates and discussing your thoughts on today and what you want out of this class. Your homework will be to research a spell you would like to learn and how you can apply it to safety. You will write an essay about it, yet it will be your discussion topic on Saturday." With said Roux went at sat down at her desk watching the the children before her begin to talk.

• Offline Marek Sarka
    « Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 03:03:36 AM »
    I'd like to apply for the  Enchantement position at Beauxbatons. I'd like to use @Trystan Lecuyer, a thirty-five year old accomplished Charms expert who used to be a Defensive Charms Consultant for the Department of Mysteries. There he perfected his wand skills, and in time honed his teaching skills when he stepped up to the head of his team. He absolutely loved teaching new additions the team, so much so that it lead him to lend himself out for tutoring in charms, and later on down the road he went to school for teaching. After his time in College, the former Ombrelune applied at Beauxbatons for the Enchantement position, hoping that he'd love teaching the next generation as much as he loved teaching this one.

Trystan himself is a smart, down to earth, very amiable individual. He'd be willing to help his students out in any way he can, and would go so far as to do one on one tutoring with his students just to make sure they understand. This does not mean however, that hes a pushover. He's professional and firm with his class, aside from little jokes related to the lesson. He can't stand it when people come to his class and sleep or don't pay attention. He will dismiss those students, and will fail them on attendance for that class. Attendance to him is actively participating in the class by doing the practical and at least raising a hand when a question is asked, and of course keeping their gaze on him when he is speaking. (And who wouldn't want to, hes gorgeous)

As Trystan walked into his classroom, the warm, familiar scent of vanilla and jasmine filled the air and he could almost feel the magic coalescing in the room. This was a good sign of things to come he thought. The former Omberlune walked over to his desk, set down his briefcase on the floor beside it and took a seat in the large, leather high back chair. He looked out into the empty classroom, taking stock of his new surroundings. The room was, by all accounts, spacious and open, with desks and chairs meticulously placed in 4 rows of five on either side of the walkway from his desk to the back wall. He looked to his left, at the door the students would be marching in from at any moment. The thought of children depending on him to teach them what they needed to know to excel in the magical world both frightened and excited him at the same time. The more he thought about it, the more he was ready for it to be class time.

In a few moments, a mass of students came flooding through the door of the Enchantement Classroom, the sound of the footfalls on the tile floor made it sound like an army was marching in. Some of the students took seats immediately, while other students waited and weighed their options. He waited a few moments for stragglers, then whipped a hand to the door which promptly shut and locked. He stood from the high back chair, straightening himself up to his full height and smiled at the class.

"Welcome to Enchantement, I'm Monsieur Lecuyer," some students said welcome, others just nodded, "I'm very excited to talk about today's lesson, but first I feel I must lay down ground rules." The former Charms Consultant drew his lips to a line, no longer smiling. "First and foremost, please be here because you want to, if you come here to sleep or cause trouble I will have no problem kicking you out of this class. So, if you feel like you don't need to be here, the door is over there." Professor Lecuyer gestured over to the door, glancing over at his students then to the door which gave a faint popping sound like the lock had slid back open.

"Piggybacking off of that, I expect you to participate in my class. Charms is a very practical subject, and I am a practical teacher." As he said this, he moved his with a flourish andhis wand emerged from his suit jacket. He arched it around the room, causing the lights to brighten to almost florescence, then dimming them to his liking. "I am giving you the knowledge to function as a member of society and be able to adequately use magic to propel you forward in life. If you do not learn how to channel your magic properly, you will find it hard to cast the simplest incantations."

Professor Lecuyer's face brightened a little bit suddenly, then he added, "But I'm sure you will all head my warnings and we'll have a great hour together in this classroom of ours." He pushed aside some paperwork, grabbed his briefcase and set it down. He unlocked the case, silently but left the lid closed. "Your practical Charms classes start today." The professor had a wicked grin on his handsome features, "On your feet!"

Approved! Please make a sheet!

• Offline Dermod Larkin Morfessa
    « Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 07:26:33 AM »
    Hi I am so sorry for this being soooooooooo late.
    I like to try and make a character to play Soi-défense et la Diplomatie ~ Defense Against the Dark Arts.
    Jacqueline Roux is a 33 year old Ombrelune Alumni. She is the daughter of now Retired French Diplomats. She was an auror up until just recently. Jacqueline thought it be better and safer to switch to teaching instead of being out on the field. She strict and very much straight the point person.

First day of class was about to begin, the classroom was all arranged. It was a Different in what way?different arrangement from the other rooms; the desks were arranged in groups of five the end ones facing away from the door and back of the room. The walls were converted into chalk boards. Standing among these desks in a large space was a tall strict looking women. Madame Roux was young and this was her first time teaching. Under the calm facade was raw nerves and excitement. She was so eager to teach the first years. "They truly are the lucky ones, for they will be able to grow into my standards" Roux pitied the upperclassmen they were in for a few surprises and this class would not be easy on them. She wasn't planning on fully implementing her lesson plans on them or even half of her standards.

Students began to trickle into the class choosing to sit with their housemates and not associating with the others. "This would not do at all the students will need to be broken up" Roux watched the children and memorized with whom they sat with. When the finale student sauntered in slowly she gave them a glare. Tardiness was highly frowned upon by Roux and being close to time was just as equivalent to being late. "Now class Welcome to Soi-défense et la Diplomatie I am Madame Roux and we have much to cover today". Roux spoke clearly and sharply her tone demanded to be paid attention to. "Lets begin with role as I call your name you will stand up and move to desk I assign you to" Roux pressed on ignoring the groans of the young students and glared frighteningly at the first years that vocalized their complaints. With each name she called, at the back of the room a quick quotes quill marked the names on parchment of where they were assigned. It wrote down the name and the house of the student, it even made notes of their blood status. This was all info she had spent all morning acquiring.
    Once finished with the role she summoned the parchment studied it quickly made a few slight changes based on the friendships she had seen. Roux was satisfied with the end results, the groups were spread out evenly boy, girls, and at least one of each house. None of the students sat next to the people they originally sat with. They were even forced to be with those they prejudice against. "There finished, these will be whom you sit with for the following seven years, if you get into my upper classes." Raising her hand to the protests "There will not be changes made, in life just as in my classroom you must get used to being with people you do not know or those you may even hate"

While she had been assigning the seating a chalk had been writing the rules upon the board. "Quills and parchment out, now that took longer than expected and we do not have time to waste. In this class I will be teaching you how to defend yourself from both dark creatures and wizards" Roux began speaking not waiting to see if children followed her orders. Roux had a no nonsense personality and she expected the students to just obey and that was something they had to learn. "For the first part of the term there will be very little magic." "We will be studying dark creatures, their habitat and the means of defending oneself from them." "The second half of this term we will begin the practical application of what we have learned" Roux paused to take a breath and glanced around good students had listen and were taking notes. "After the holidays we will then turn to studying of laws and dark wizards. For the first few years you will learn how to negotiate and how to run away from a fight." Here was met with some complaints but Roux once more pressed on. "You are children and if you meet up with dark wizards the best you can do is try to escape." "This will be the general pattern until you reach the upper class years, then everything changes and you will do more of self studying. To get in these classes you must have at least M: MERVEILLEUX Yet if you do not get a R on your exams your sixth year you will not continue in this class. "Now turn to the boards and copy down the rules"

Students must be prompt, coming in just as or even just before its time to start will result in detention.

Students will raise their hands if they have something to say. In this class most comments are acceptable except any complaints about seating or the lesson plan.

A well thought out argument and proposition is not considered a complaint. Yet the judgement of if the argument is well thought out and isn't a complaint is up to Madame Roux.

Complaints result in detention

Students will sit in their assigned groups and study with groups and complete all assignments with groups for the rest of the time they take this class.

Failing to do so will result in detention.

Failure to turn in Assignment will result in detention.

Detentions will be served by all members of the group whether they had part or not in the infraction.

The last and the first day of class each week will be for discussion of the groups.

Once the students were finished copying down the rules. Roux began again. "The discussions between your group are open topic, yet you must discuss something we covered the past week. Outside the assignments I assign you must also research individually your topic, you will then on the last day discuss what you have found out. Debates are acceptable." Here Roux smiled fondly, "In fact debates are encouraged. I want you guys to learn how to disagree with each other in a friendly manner; You must be able argue points in clearly and diplomatically in life."

See class was almost over "Alright now it is time for group discussions you will spend the rest of class talking to your group mates and discussing your thoughts on today and what you want out of this class. Your homework will be to research a spell you would like to learn and how you can apply it to safety. You will write an essay about it, yet it will be your discussion topic on Saturday." With said Roux went at sat down at her desk watching the the children before her begin to talk.

[carys]Please check your PMs and then make that prof!
    ~ Carys[carys]

• Offline Sabina Sarkova
    « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 10:00:11 PM »
    As discussed with Sioban, I'm posting a RP Sample for my WIP BB grad girl who would like to be an apprentice librarian at Beauxbatons. She's in her early twenties and a really shy and kind young woman. She loves books very much and she'd be delighted if she got the job. She doesn't have a surname yet (I am terribly indecisive but I hope this weekend I'll get further with that).

~~~

People and books had something in common. Under their surface there were so many secrets, so much information... Ségolène loved books and she had always loved them. Even before she had been able to read the girl had always carried a book with her, hoping to find someone who would read from it for her. When she had finally been able to read she had started to collect books, she had read day and night because once a book had caught her attention she had hardly been able to put it away again. After her days as a student at Beauxbatons the young witch had felt lost and she had struggled to find a job she wanted and was able to do. She had made a list of things she was good at and things she enjoyed and then, all of a sudden, it had become so easy.

Ségolène had revised her job application countless times before she had sent it in. Day after day she had been nervous, even more unfocused then ever, until finally she had heard back from Beauxbatons. They were taking her as an apprentice at the school's library. The usually timid and quiet girl had jumped up and down and hadn't been able to stop smiling for the entire day. She'd go back to Beauxbatons, back to the library where she had spent so many happy hours!

At her first day she was more than only nervous. It was the first time the young woman stepped into the castle of Beauxbatons not as a student but as an employee. She could not blend in with the crowd now. She was a member of staff. It was as strange thought and yet it felt so good. After a brief visit at the headmistress's office, Ségolène made her way into the library, her library. A smile spread across her face as she walked through the well known corridors. She greeted her new boss politely and waited for instructions, useful things she'd need to know but after the exchange of some niceties she was simply told to tidy up after the students.

Just like in her days as a student the young witches and wizards were not all considerate enough to put away the books they had used. While Ségolène did not approve of that kind of behaviour, the young witch didn't mind it too much either. It gave her a simple task to start her work with. Putting away the piles of books that she found on various tables, the witch took a moment every now and then to look at what the students had pulled out of the shelves. Most of the books she knew from her own student days but some were interesting books she had never read and which she definitely wanted to read as soon as she'd get a chance to do so.

A first year by the looks of it approached her all of a sudden, startling her so that she almost dropped the books and thus pulled her out of her daydreams. The young boy asked where to find books about Métamorphose. Smiling at the new student, she led him to a shelve with countless oeuvre on the subject and pointed out her favourite book for beginners. Gratefully the boy took the book and stomped away. As she watched him leave, Ségolène felt certain that she'd get used to her new job in no time.

• Offline Keela Doyle
    • I don't know why my relationship with my siblings is always either "yo I'll help you hide the body" or "do not even breathe in my direction" there is no in-between
    • Olivia
    • Straight
    • 1614 Posts

• Trophy Closet
      Hogwarts Quidditch Cup - Gryffindor (1999-2000) Former Gryffindor Prefect Registered a wand from Ollivanders Jenny's Holiday 2016 Prize Awarded for Participation in the Gauntlet 1: The Labyrinth Trials. Influential Family Member
    « Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »
    As discussed with Sioban, I'm posting a RP Sample for my WIP BB grad girl who would like to be an apprentice librarian at Beauxbatons. She's in her early twenties and a really shy and kind young woman. She loves books very much and she'd be delighted if she got the job. She doesn't have a surname yet (I am terribly indecisive but I hope this weekend I'll get further with that).

~~~

People and books had something in common. Under their surface there were so many secrets, so much information... Ségolène loved books and she had always loved them. Even before she had been able to read the girl had always carried a book with her, hoping to find someone who would read from it for her. When she had finally been able to read she had started to collect books, she had read day and night because once a book had caught her attention she had hardly been able to put it away again. After her days as a student at Beauxbatons the young witch had felt lost and she had struggled to find a job she wanted and was able to do. She had made a list of things she was good at and things she enjoyed and then, all of a sudden, it had become so easy.

Ségolène had revised her job application countless times before she had sent it in. Day after day she had been nervous, even more unfocused then ever, until finally she had heard back from Beauxbatons. They were taking her as an apprentice at the school's library. The usually timid and quiet girl had jumped up and down and hadn't been able to stop smiling for the entire day. She'd go back to Beauxbatons, back to the library where she had spent so many happy hours!

At her first day she was more than only nervous. It was the first time the young woman stepped into the castle of Beauxbatons not as a student but as an employee. She could not blend in with the crowd now. She was a member of staff. It was as strange thought and yet it felt so good. After a brief visit at the headmistress's office, Ségolène made her way into the library, her library. A smile spread across her face as she walked through the well known corridors. She greeted her new boss politely and waited for instructions, useful things she'd need to know but after the exchange of some niceties she was simply told to tidy up after the students.

Just like in her days as a student the young witches and wizards were not all considerate enough to put away the books they had used. While Ségolène did not approve of that kind of behaviour, the young witch didn't mind it too much either. It gave her a simple task to start her work with. Putting away the piles of books that she found on various tables, the witch took a moment every now and then to look at what the students had pulled out of the shelves. Most of the books she knew from her own student days but some were interesting books she had never read and which she definitely wanted to read as soon as she'd get a chance to do so.

A first year by the looks of it approached her all of a sudden, startling her so that she almost dropped the books and thus pulled her out of her daydreams. The young boy asked where to find books about Métamorphose. Smiling at the new student, she led him to a shelve with countless oeuvre on the subject and pointed out her favourite book for beginners. Gratefully the boy took the book and stomped away. As she watched him leave, Ségolène felt certain that she'd get used to her new job in no time.

Please go ahead and make that [assistant] librarian!
    || sandbox | vannah!sketch | Anni2016 | emily!sketch | Halloween 2016 ||

long live the reckless and the brave
    I don't think I wanna be saved
    my song has not been sung
    so, long live us

• Offline Inga
    « Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 06:08:17 PM »
    So, I think I want to bring Galina Viktorovna Krylova ( @Oksana Krylova 's sister) back. She has been Alchemy professor in the past and I'd like to apply for that again. So here's a sample post.

She was back to Durmstrang. Her time away hadn't even been long and yet it seemed like almost everything had changed and Galina Viktorovna did not think the changes were for the better. However, she would hardly complain. She had left the school a few years ago and had been accepted back without much ado.

Now she was back in her old classroom. It felt like coming home and yet she felt the changes – the changes of the school, the change she had gone through… It didn't matter though. This was her vocation. She wanted to get back into teaching. She had arranged the tables in her classroom in a way that there were clearly two different sides for the students and at each table there were two chairs. She had charmed the house crests on the tables, making clear that she wanted to separate Klyk Vampira and Drakonya Krov students. The house rivalry was a good thing, one that brought the students forward, the rivalry between the two schools was harmful though.

For today's lesson she had prepared a nice surprise. The students would be preparing a potion together and the house which had the best success with the task would get a good amount of chips.

She waved her wand so letters appeared on the blackboard saying that everyone should find a seat at one of their house's tables and wait quietly until the lesson would begin.

Once everyone had settled in, Galina Viktorovna looked around, recognising only very few familiar faces among the group of students. Most students looked rather downcast and tired but that was no excuse for them not to give their best during her lesson. She expected good manners and ambition from her students and that they put in some effort.

“Good morning everyone, my name is Galina Viktorovna. Some of you might remember me from past school years. For those who don't - I want you to behave in my class or you'll get punished. I dislike noise and chaos. Keep that in mind whenever you enter my classroom. That being said let's move on to today's lesson. I have a nice competition planned for you. However, before we get to it I would like to know what you know about the fairy tale Спя́щая Краса́вица*.“

*sleeping beauty

• Offline Samm
    « Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 05:40:03 PM »
    So, I think I want to bring Galina Viktorovna Krylova ( @Oksana Krylova 's sister) back. She has been Alchemy professor in the past and I'd like to apply for that again. So here's a sample post.

She was back to Durmstrang. Her time away hadn't even been long and yet it seemed like almost everything had changed and Galina Viktorovna did not think the changes were for the better. However, she would hardly complain. She had left the school a few years ago and had been accepted back without much ado.

Now she was back in her old classroom. It felt like coming home and yet she felt the changes – the changes of the school, the change she had gone through… It didn't matter though. This was her vocation. She wanted to get back into teaching. She had arranged the tables in her classroom in a way that there were clearly two different sides for the students and at each table there were two chairs. She had charmed the house crests on the tables, making clear that she wanted to separate Klyk Vampira and Drakonya Krov students. The house rivalry was a good thing, one that brought the students forward, the rivalry between the two schools was harmful though.

For today's lesson she had prepared a nice surprise. The students would be preparing a potion together and the house which had the best success with the task would get a good amount of chips.

She waved her wand so letters appeared on the blackboard saying that everyone should find a seat at one of their house's tables and wait quietly until the lesson would begin.

Once everyone had settled in, Galina Viktorovna looked around, recognising only very few familiar faces among the group of students. Most students looked rather downcast and tired but that was no excuse for them not to give their best during her lesson. She expected good manners and ambition from her students and that they put in some effort.

“Good morning everyone, my name is Galina Viktorovna. Some of you might remember me from past school years. For those who don't - I want you to behave in my class or you'll get punished. I dislike noise and chaos. Keep that in mind whenever you enter my classroom. That being said let's move on to today's lesson. I have a nice competition planned for you. However, before we get to it I would like to know what you know about the fairy tale Спя́щая Краса́вица*.“

*sleeping beauty

Approved! Please make this Professor! :]

• Offline Christine
    « Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 02:33:44 AM »
    applying for the flying class position at hogwarts >>

Fflur Blevins is in her early 30's, and a former professional quidditch player. She had a bit of a disgraceful downfall from the league (tbd) but started turning her life around when she started running out of money, but is still resentful and bitter. She would have applied after the dome fell.

-----

This was going to be a bit of a mess, no doubt about it. Fflur Blevins had been shocked, to say the least, when her application for professorship had been accepted. Well, to call it a professorship when all she was doing was teaching flying? That was a bit of a stretch. But here she was, with barely three months left in the term, ready to finally teach those eager students how to fly like a pro. Or, a former pro anyway. Close enough.

The Dome business had put a bit of a damper on flying class for the better part of this term, so the witch had a feeling that no one else really wanted the job in the first place. But after the year she had had, a job was a job, carnivorous castle be damned. She had been reassured that everything was fine now, but she still found herself looking over her shoulder every time she heard something go bump in the night.

So it was no surprise that the newly minted Professor Blevins looked more than a tad disheveled the morning of her first class, both from lack of sleep and lack of her usual morning vodka (with a touch of orange juice) that she had so graciously given up when she had been offered the job. She straightened out her robes as she stood on the edge of the quidditch pitch, brown eyes narrowed as she watched her students approaching. It was a mix of experience levels apparently, and she had let the students proclaim just what exactly those experience levels were. Those being a bit overzealous about their talent might regret it later, but until then, she would enjoy proving how much they didn't actually know about flying.

"Get your brooms. Line up," she said once enough students were within shouting range. "I'm Professor Blevins," she stated, her gaze darting from face to face of her students. "To properly teach you all, I'll need to know just how skilled you all are. So those of you who are beginners, over here," she pointed to her far left, "Intermediate there," she motioned to where the students were currently standing, "And experts," she pointed to her left. "Hop to it."

They were going to fly, and those most observant students would have noticed that the far goalposts had large ribbons tied to them, dangling in the wind. The goal of this exercise was simple, bring back one of the ribbons. Getting there would be the challenge, though. The beginners would be flying unhindered, their inexperience being challenge enough. The intermediate flyers would be flying with just one hand, and those that claimed to be experts? No hands. And if anyone wanted to argue, they would get to also wear a blindfold.

• Online Taylor
    « Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 01:22:19 AM »
    applying for the flying class position at hogwarts >>

Fflur Blevins is in her early 30's, and a former professional quidditch player. She had a bit of a disgraceful downfall from the league (tbd) but started turning her life around when she started running out of money, but is still resentful and bitter. She would have applied after the dome fell.

-----

This was going to be a bit of a mess, no doubt about it. Fflur Blevins had been shocked, to say the least, when her application for professorship had been accepted. Well, to call it a professorship when all she was doing was teaching flying? That was a bit of a stretch. But here she was, with barely three months left in the term, ready to finally teach those eager students how to fly like a pro. Or, a former pro anyway. Close enough.

The Dome business had put a bit of a damper on flying class for the better part of this term, so the witch had a feeling that no one else really wanted the job in the first place. But after the year she had had, a job was a job, carnivorous castle be damned. She had been reassured that everything was fine now, but she still found herself looking over her shoulder every time she heard something go bump in the night.

So it was no surprise that the newly minted Professor Blevins looked more than a tad disheveled the morning of her first class, both from lack of sleep and lack of her usual morning vodka (with a touch of orange juice) that she had so graciously given up when she had been offered the job. She straightened out her robes as she stood on the edge of the quidditch pitch, brown eyes narrowed as she watched her students approaching. It was a mix of experience levels apparently, and she had let the students proclaim just what exactly those experience levels were. Those being a bit overzealous about their talent might regret it later, but until then, she would enjoy proving how much they didn't actually know about flying.

"Get your brooms. Line up," she said once enough students were within shouting range. "I'm Professor Blevins," she stated, her gaze darting from face to face of her students. "To properly teach you all, I'll need to know just how skilled you all are. So those of you who are beginners, over here," she pointed to her far left, "Intermediate there," she motioned to where the students were currently standing, "And experts," she pointed to her left. "Hop to it."

They were going to fly, and those most observant students would have noticed that the far goalposts had large ribbons tied to them, dangling in the wind. The goal of this exercise was simple, bring back one of the ribbons. Getting there would be the challenge, though. The beginners would be flying unhindered, their inexperience being challenge enough. The intermediate flyers would be flying with just one hand, and those that claimed to be experts? No hands. And if anyone wanted to argue, they would get to also wear a blindfold.

Approved! Please make that prof~