Author Topic:  [Announcement] May Mini Plots!  (Read 766 times)

• Online Inga
  • [Announcement] May Mini Plots!
    « on: February 10, 2017, 10:43:13 PM »

Mini Plots are events that your character can get involved in all around the world. Some are school specific, and others are for all of the players to get involved in. Details are left open to interpretation so you can use your imagination to make it your own! Post [Mini Plot] in your thread title and post the thread link here! FPP points and other prizes will be given to drivers who participate.

HOGWARTS:  To celebrate May 1st the Hogwarts staff has decided to celebrate the Beltane Festival. It marks the beginning of summer and traditionally rituals have been performed to protect cattle, crop and people. During the Hogwarts Beltane festival people will also try and perform rituals to protect the castle, grounds, creatures and people at Hogwarts. There'll be several bonfires in the grounds to create a festive atmosphere and because their flames and ashes are supposed to have protective powers. Due to prior incidents at Hogwarts, most specifically the dome, the castle is open to family and friends of students and staff on that particular day.

BEAUXBATONS: It's easy to forget the dangers of magic when you're surrounded by attentive and careful teachers. Outside of the relative safety of the school walls, a literal storm is brewing. A group of witches and wizards in Iran were attempting to create a spell which would help bring water to drought-stricken areas of their country. Their intentions were good, but they weren't enough to keep the modified spell from spinning out of control. Now a raging storm is moving towards Beauxbatons. No one is sure how much damage the magically-charged weather will do, but the staff is preparing for the worst. Until further notice, all students are to take shelter in one of the towers. All lower levels are off-limits in case of flash flooding. Teachers will assign reading and homework while the storm rages, and meals will be served to each tower as well.
    OOC- During the flooding, students will be confined to the tower rooms for their safety although that doesn't mean your character can't get caught in a lower level in a sudden flood or try to sneak out and see what's going on.

DURMSTRANG: In this month's Alchemy class the students are introduced to a potion called Спя́щая Краса́вица (sleeping beauty) potion. Upon taking this potion people fall fast asleep. This sleep is very deep and regenerative. People who take this potion feel a lot better when waking up. There's just the problem that one sleeps for 24 hours or longer unless they receive a kiss… Since this potion has ingredients similar to a love potion it also has effects similar to that. The person who took the potion will feel drawn to the kisser if only for a brief period of time. Students might decide to brew the potion in private later on. Little vials of the potion are secretly given out to other students or sold under false pretenses...
    OOC: For this MP it is okay to use NPCs.

MAHOUTOKORO After months and months of preparation, the First Rank Test has finally begun. The first week of May sees the start of the exam, with all students receiving a full week off of classes to attend the mandatory events. The exam week doubles as a festival week, with the Takamagahara citizens making a daily pilgrimage to the island shrine and street festivals of dancing and celebration. Day 1 of the First Rank Test is the written test, Day 3 is the field exam, and Day 5 is the final magical exam followed by the showcase. At the end of Day 5, the surviving students take part in a parade around the island.
    OOC: There will be one thread for this official exam, with spectators and participants all posting. Drivers wishing to age their characters up must post/participate in this thread in order to be eligible.

WORLDWIDE: Spring is in the air and with the flowers beginning to bloom ministries around the world are prepping for their annual Spring Fling Festivals. To help bring people together many different booths are being provided for the entertainment of young and old wizards alike. Come and gather around the glass botanical gardens placed near the center of each festival and take a stroll around both muggle and magical flora. Kissing booths are provided at each wizards discretion, careful you might end up kissing a troll under that veil, who knows what wonders and beauties lay behind the darkened visage. Speed dating will also be provided to those weeping single hearts wishing to find a match for their soul. All this and more are offered with the soothing sounds of harps being played by a variety of elves. Remember love is but only a ticket away.

—    O P E N   M I N I   P L O T   T H R E A D S    —

—    Q U E S T I O N S ?    —
    contact any admin for details
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:55:08 PM by Inga »

• Online Jared
  • Re: [Announcement] May Mini Plots!
    « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:46:15 PM »
    All of this is brilliant.

• Online Samm
    « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 10:56:36 PM »
    Just a few notes too:

At Beauxbatons the flood will last a few days so you can RP at any point during, before the storm, before the flooding begins, during the flood, and after! :]

For Durmstrang there is a played class taking place but you are also welcome to create separate threads with students brewing, taking, reviving or recovering from the effects of the potion! xDD

• Offline Maddie Girard
    « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:05:48 AM »
    All of these plots sound amazing! And now I reeeeeally wish I had a character from each school/area so I'd have the chance to take part in all of them. ;/

Maddie insisted I ask about how the flooding at BB will affect the stables and horses though? Will the horses be moved to higher ground too, like the students? (I have a feeling Maddie's going try to sneak out to check on them, either way... ;3)

• Online Samm
    « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 05:07:24 AM »
    All of these plots sound amazing! And now I reeeeeally wish I had a character from each school/area so I'd have the chance to take part in all of them. ;/

Maddie insisted I ask about how the flooding at BB will affect the stables and horses though? Will the horses be moved to higher ground too, like the students? (I have a feeling Maddie's going try to sneak out to check on them, either way... ;3)

xDD I know the feeling!

The horses will be taken care of. They will be relocated but that doesn't mean they are not frightened and panicked. She is welcome to sneak down to try to help them out but she may be caught by a professor in the process. :]

• Online Axel
    « Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 06:09:35 AM »
    that moment when a plot interests you enough to finish a wip.....yep that's happening for me right now

• Offline Olivia
    « Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 01:20:20 PM »

@Maddie Girard
    Rule-abiding Adèle will absolutely risk getting caught and go with her!!! She'll be worried sick about Toulouse and Chantal and the crew. <33
    || sandbox ||

• Online Sophiæ
    « Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:57:48 AM »
    for the Hogwarts plot:

since May 1 2001 was the first Tuesday of the month, should we be playing the festival as actually being on May Day or as being the first weekend after (May 5-6)?

• Online Samm
    « Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 03:34:48 PM »
    for the Hogwarts plot:

since May 1 2001 was the first Tuesday of the month, should we be playing the festival as actually being on May Day or as being the first weekend after (May 5-6)?

The weekend xDD

• Online Sophiæ
    « Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
    thanks <333
    i <3 minor details

• Online Jared
    « Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 08:52:22 PM »
    Mateo wants to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. <333