Author Topic:  I've been reading books of old, the legends and the myths [tag; Jung-hee]  (Read 133 times)

Offline Nakamura Yoshio

• Kukan
  • Trophy Closet Participated at the Academy Anansi July/August 2001
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Katya
  • Sexuality: Closeted
He couldn't help himself. It seemed near impossible for the Kukan to keep his head straight and stay away from the beautifully blushing boy who'd caught his eye. He found reason after reason to be in the other boy’s presence. It was slowly becoming a habit that would be hard to shake. He had sworn after everything with Natsuo that he was done, closed off to these emotions that seemed to be building in the pit of his stomach. He hated the way his palms itched when the sweat gathered there in his nervousness, if he was being honest but he wasn’t, at least not yet. He paced a bit as he considered changing his course of direction.  He’d wanted this, right? He was seeking the other boy out, basking in the warmth of his smile and listening to him speak avidly about his research. There was something about the Mizuchi that the sixth year couldn’t shake.

This burning desire, need, to be around the other boy was one Yoshi wasn’t used to. Nakamura Yoshio was a traditional boy in the sense that his honor meant everything to him. He’d always tried to be a man of his word and hoped that he did the right thing when it counted. What he felt for this soft-spoken boy threatened to make him weak. Jung-hee pushed at the wall that was built up high and Yoshi feared that one day it would fall and he would find himself in love, lost hopelessly to another person who would undoubtedly hurt him in the end. They always did.  Even as he warned himself about such things he still couldn’t help himself as he found himself in the Mizuchi presence. With Jung-hee,  Yoshi was more himself than he had been with even those closest to him. He didn’t feel judged or pitied when Jung-hee looked at him, no, he felt strong and capable.  It was the first time the Kukan knew someone actually saw him and still Jung-hee hadn’t pushed him away.

Yoshi had thought that he’d shut the door tight to his heart, he’d thought he’d tossed the key far, far, away to never be found.  The sixth year all but avoided Natsuo after their small chat in the library. He couldn’t look at the older boy yet without his heart cracking at the seams. Yoshi had thought long and hard and he knew that all the pain and suffering he was experiencing were of his own doing. He was reckless in that way, giving in to the things that he knew would hurt him while pushing the better things away. He lack the confidence he showed those around him, it had been ripped from his with each bit of never good enough from his father’s mouth. It had been stripped down to the bones by the judgmental undertones of the simplest praises from the man Yoshi  so desperately wanted to please. His hand rose to card through the dark locks of his hair as his shoulders rose with a sigh. What he wanted conflicted with the very rules his father had left him to live by before his untimely death.

He could enjoy it for a little while, couldn’t he? Just a tad bit, he didn’t plan to be greedy. He never planned to be greedy but then again he never planned to want someone as much as he seemed to want Jung-hee. It wasn’t the physical, though that was a part of it, it was little moments they shared that he wanted. The laughter and the wonder and the learning of who the other person was and hoped to be was what Yoshi wanted. His dark gaze washed over Jung-hee as he moved towards him, the Kukan liked down before he moved, giving the illusion he was simply walking along. He glanced up as the distance between them closed.

“Hey...you like to clear your head with a walk too?” even though he already knew the answer he asked, just to hear the gentle sound of Jung-hee's voice.

@Ahn Jung-hee

Offline Ahn Jung-hee

• Mizuchi
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Sarah C
  • Sexuality: Homosexual
Re: I've been reading books of old, the legends and the myths [tag; Jung-hee]
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »
Jung-hee wasn't sure what to feel. It felt like he spent his days swinging back and forth between elation and confusion. Almost every day found him inexplicably spending time with Nakamura Yoshio, an activity which he looked forward to with a kind of anxious excitement. He was never quite sure when Yoshio would approach him or where they might end up, but they always talked. Well, Jung-hee talked. Yoshio tended to ask question and listen more than talk about himself. Jung-hee wasn't talkative by nature, but he could never seem to refuse Yoshio. The other boy would listen patiently while Jung-hee stumbled over his words and stuttered through conversations, blushing furiously. All he wanted was to be calm and collected like Yoshio was, but Jung-hee was too high-strung to make it through any interaction without fumbling his words at least a few times. He was a mess and the Korean boy had no idea why Yoshio kept talking to him even now.

The Mizuchi couldn't complain, not really. Being around the star of all his romantic dreams was something he never thought he'd ever experience. He hoped that soon he could call the other boy his friend. The attention from Yoshio was giving him a huge boost in confidence. He was feeling like he could do just about anything if someone like Yoshio thought he was worth the time and effort for a conversation.

He was lost in thought, and he jumped slightly as he heard the voice of the very man he was musing over behind him. Jung-hee started, almost dropping his book. The slim boy managed to keep his hands on his burden. "Naka- I mean, Y-Y-Yoshio!" Despite his nerves, he gave the the boy a bright and open smile. "I d-d-do. It helps me my thoughts in order." He blushed, his smile turning a little shy. "I was just thinking..." He bit his lip, looking at Yoshio out of the corner of his eye. "Do you have a favorite place to w-w-walk?" Jung-hee fell into step with Yoshio, stealing glances at the other like he could be made to give them back.

Offline Nakamura Yoshio

• Kukan
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:52:48 AM »
Even as he stumbled over his words Jung-hee's voice was the sweetest sound as Yoshi’s name passed through his lips. Yoshio. No one ever really called him by his whole given name, the O had been dropped without much thought. Having Jung-hee be the only one who did made him somehow feel special. He found himself feeling worthy more and more as those beautiful brown eyes looked at him. It was a strange feeling to want someone as he wanted the other boy. This felt oddly different than what he’d felt with Natsuo. As much as he wanted to hesitate he wanted to keep without worry. There was a part of him that couldn’t deny what he felt and it seemed that it was why he’d basically stalked the other boy. He picked and chose the times he would approach him and watched from a distance as he fought to allow them some time apart. He was becoming someone he’d never thought he’d be, despite caring more than usual. “Getting your thoughts together today? Have you stalled in your research?”

He thought back to the moment their eyes met and how the air grew thick. How his heart did a slow jog before it raced in his chest, threatening to burst free, still felt fresh to him. As much as he hated it he could recall the heating of his palms as they itched just after. There was something different in the space that was shared between them, a tension that cut thick and was soon to boil over. Yoshi could feel it, deep in his bones, and it made him nervous. What would happen if he stopped fighting himself and gave in? Would Jung-hee slap him? Punch him? Hate him? Would the Korean boy never speak to him again and leave him to think about yet another bad choice? But he thought of the other end of the rod, the good part. What if he was kissed back, held close and loved? What if the pull he felt in the pit of his stomach wasn’t or but something deeper, something that he feared? There were so many possibilities that the boy found himself walking a lot lately.

“I don’t really have a favorite place, but, the hot springs are nice when no one is around. I usually just walk until whatever I'm thinking about or working through is solved.” He’d walked just after his father’s death and worked through what he now knows was grief. He’d walked before and after his break up with Natsuo, weighing the many options. Lately, he walked more and more as he thought constantly of the boy next to him. “What about you? What’s your favorite place?” He tried his best not to sound his usual disinterested self but he fell just a bit short. He gave a smile to show that despite his voice he was interested in Jung-hee's answer. It was the way things went, they would talk and Yoshi would ask a question to get the talk off of himself. He would rather speak of anything in the world than of his own pains and hurts. He wanted to hear all about Jung-hee and hoped that the Mizuchi would continue for a little while longer to allow him this.

His dark gaze drifted to the boy beside him for a moment as his hands slid into his pockets, easing the dull itch there. His lips felt dry, he licked them swelling just after.  “I was hoping to see you today.” He’d looked for him, though he would never say it. “I am unsure if my constant presence is growing to bother you or not…” his brows knitted in confusion of such honesty, so insight into the inner workings of his mind. Jung-hee had changed him in ways that were so small the Kukan barely noticed them. “is it?” and this time the worry settled into the deep rumble of his voice as dark eyes washed over the Mizuchi's face.

Offline Ahn Jung-hee

• Mizuchi
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 12:33:00 AM »
Jung-hee found himself caught as he always was, snared in Yoshio's dark eyes and low voice. He could feel his face getting hotter as the blood rushed there, red blooming across his cheeks. "N-n-not research..." he murmured softly, looking away from the other boy. How could he tell Yoshio that it was thoughts of him that had him walking, looking for answers and peace he knew he'd never find. What he felt was a hopeless crush. There was no way Yoshio would be interested in him, not the least reason because he was a boy. Someone like Yoshio couldn't possibly be as strange and broken as Jung-hee, to want boys when he should want a girl. Despite the world telling him he was wrong, he couldn't help wishing for the one thing he could never have.

His smile was warm, and he nodded. "The hot sp-sp-springs are very nice," he agreed. "I like the sound the water makes as it bubbles, and how the steam looks in the air when it's cold." Jung-hee bit his lip, looking a little indecisive. "M-m-my place?" He did have a place, but it wasn't somewhere anyone else would ever go walking. "I do," he finally replied. "It's very special to me. No one knows about it but me." He paused again, before taking a deep breath and asking, "W-w-would you l-l-like to see it?" He wanted to share this with Yoshio more than anything, his own special place, but he was afraid, too. What if Yoshio hated his place? What if he laughed at him for loving something so silly?

The Mizuchi felt his breath catch in his throat, his heart speeding up. Yoshio had been looking forward to seeing him? It seemed unreal. His eyes got wide as Yoshio suggested that he might grow tired of being with him. Jung-hee stop wanting to see Yoshio? That was an impossibility.

"N-n-no!" He exclaimed, turning to face Yoshio and stepping in front of him. His hand reached out to gently wrap around Yoshio's hand, holding it, feeling its warmth. "My day is brighter when I can s-s-see you. You make me feel..." Jung-hee looked into Yoshio's eyes, searching desperately for the right words. "You make me feel real." He stayed close for another few heartbeats before he realized that they were too close, and that he was still holding Yoshio's hand. He let go, taking a step back, his face so red. Jung-hee wanted to sink into the ground, he felt so embarrassed.

"S-s-sorry," he murmured, daring to look up at Yoshio, the hand that had been grasping the other boy's now held out hopefully. "D-d-do you still want to come with me?"

Offline Nakamura Yoshio

• Kukan
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 08:24:09 PM »
Yoshi watched the flush rise in Jung-hee's cheeks and it drew his eyes far longer than he thought was polite. It was such an appealing color against his pale smooth skin and Yoshi tried to cause the heat to rise there often. “Something else on your mind? I’m here if You want to talk about it…” Strange the Kukan thought and he looked at the Mizuchi for a moment because he cared enough to want to listen. He wasn’t sre when he had turned into this new versionnof himself but he felt it was more appealing than he usually was, why else would the Mizuchi spend time with him? His eyes dropped to watch the rise and fall of his steps, pondering just why Jung-hee allowed him around so often. He just needed to get pass what he thought he felt. He needed to distance himself from the other boy but he knew that would prove hard. Jung-hee had broken passed the defenses and Yoshi was finding it harder and harder not to relax around him. To let down the façade he out up for others seem surely impossible, unbearable even, for the Kukan. It could leave him vulnerable to be broken and he swore that would never happen again.

“You know,” he started with a thoughtful look “I never thought about it but you’re right. The sound is very comforting and the steam can look pretty cool.” He thought of his time there a week or so ago and it hadn’t hit him until now that he went there to be soothed by the sound of the bubbles and relaxed as the heat those slowly through his bones. “Yes, your place.” He replied with a smile that caused a glint to his otherwise dark gaze. He watched the smaller boy shift through his options causing the smile to play on his semi-full lips just a bit longer. “I would love to see it..if you would like to show it to me.” Yoshi didn’t want Jung-hee to feel obligated, if they did anything at all he wanted the other to be comfortable while doing it. His hands moved from the warmth of his pockets so that one could rise to card through the dark locks of his hair, calming him. He found himself nervous around this other boy, far more nervous than he had even been around another person. Everything felt so strange and new and profoundly overwhelming.

His body stopped just in time to avoid the collision that lay ahead as Jung-hee stepped in front of him. The unexpected warmth of the other boys touch cause his heart to skip a beat and his breath was held, dark eyes searching as if asking the one question he knew he never could. Those words as wonderful as they were dulled as the gentle brown gaze captured as it had the very first time they had looked into each other’s eyes. If it was possible for tike to stop it would have just in that moment, the earth would have still and only they would have existed. Jung-hee was the only thing in Yoshi’s life that was real,  he was quickly becoming the only thing that mattered. The Kukan leaned, hoping for the invitation to kiss the other boy. He wasn’t exactly sure why he had done such a thing, it was reckless but there her was, eyes locked with the Mizuchi as the small space between them began to vanish. He was so close that Yoshi could feel the heat of his breath and the air sparked around them, crackling with such intensity the young Japanese boy could swear he heard it. As if slapped Yoshi drew a deep breath the air suddenly held a chill as Jung-hee moved back and dropped his hand.

His lashes fluttered as he blinked himself out of the haze that was his growing attraction and then cleared his throat with a shake of his head. “Don’t be sorry. “ he gave a smile his eyes dropping to look at the held out hand, hesitantly taking it into his own. The soft feel of Jung-hee's skin was somehow comforting as the two dropped back into step, “why wouldn’t I want to go with you?” Had his lapse in judgement changed things now? Would they become awkward non-speaking former friends? No, he hadn't done anything too rash. It was just a lean, right? “unless you no longer want to show me…?” he could help but notice the slight disappointment in his own voice as he spoke. This boy was changing him and Yoshi wasn’t sure where such changes would leave him, though, he hoped with all hope it would be with Jung-hee as more than a simple friend.

Offline Ahn Jung-hee

• Mizuchi
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »
It was surely his overactive imagination but for a fleeting moment, Jung-hee would have sworn that Yoshio had been leaning in towards him, slowly closing the distance between them, eyes locked and intense. It was almost like Yoshio was going... was going to...

Of course, that was ridiculous! It was all in Jung-hee's head. There was no way his crush had been seconds away from kissing him, was there? Of course not! He felt his heart pounding hard in his chest as Yoshio took his hand, the warmth completely enveloping it, making the Korean boy relax. He moved slightly closer as the walked, so their shoulders bumped occasionally. The contact made Jung-hee feel safe and strangely calm, considering that Yoshio was holding his hand! He was on cloud nine.

He looked up at Yoshio, his smile bright enough to rival the sun. "I really want to show you. N-n-no one knows about this place but me. It's where I go when I want to feel safe." He bit his lip, unsure if he should say something, but he decided to take a chance. "You make m-m-me feel safe, too." He blushed a deep pink, looking away from Yoshio in embarrassment.

It wasn't far to his spot, and from the outside it didn't look like much. They were standing in front of a storage shed, like every other storage she'd on school grounds. Jung-hee smiled playfully at Yoshio. "C-c-close your eyes," he told him. "I want this to be a surprise!" He waited until the other boy had closed his eyes, then he unlocked the shed and led Yoshio in, closing the door behind them. He tugged him in a few feet before letting go of his hand and standing in front of him. "You can open them!"

What Yoshio would see when he opened his eyes was a field of wildflowers stretching off into forever under a clear blue sky. The air smelled like springtime, and it was warmer inside that it had been outside the shed. A slight breeze moved through the space, ruffling Jung-hee's reddish-brown locks, giving him a toussled look. He opens his arms, indicating the space, his smile big and happier than Yoshio would have ever seen.

"What d-d-do you think?" He hoped the other boy liked it, and would be willing to stay with him awhile.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:28:06 PM by Sarah C »